Bracing for cold weather here in the Northeast with thoughts of a warm, fuzzy feeling for your feet that UGG boots might provide? But maybe you want cheap Uggs? That is, you still want your toes cuddled by the sheepskin, but you don’t want to blow your winter shoe budget.
We can help you find lower-priced UGGs. (By the way, thoughts of wearing the boots aren’t just seasonal. A parade of UGG boot wearers is seen throughout the summer — many even on beach boardwalks. And let’s not forget on the West Coast, the boots are worn year-round.)
Where to Get Cheap Uggs — Online and In Store
Here’s the short story on how to find a deal on UGGs. UGG Australia has outlets all over the place with its footwear on discount, as do two big name retailers that have their own outlet stores that often offer cheap UGGs. Saks Fifth Avenue has its Off-Fifth and Nordstrom has its Nordstrom Rack. Online, there’s 6pm.com which often prices UGG styles, from boots to UGG slippers, below MSRP.
Nordstrom Rack does put UGGs on sale, usually in the range of 10-15% off. The stock includes close-out merchandise directly from the factory as well as clearance from Nordstrom full-line stores. It’s a great strategy to check back often, particularly around holidays to catch a bigger discount on your Uggs. You can often save 30% or more off retail if you time it right.
6pm.com came into our view when a friend raved about the great discount she got on a pair of Timberland boots. So we checked it out, and found UGG’s boots and its other footwear at the site. The discount on UGG boots was mostly 28%. The online retailer carries a large selection of Uggs, with non-traditional Ugg styles starting at less than $40.
An UGG classic short boot in plum sells for $109.90, down 29% from $155. But wait, you also can snag a discount of a whopping 55% on certain styles. A pair of black, block heeled, lace-up boots sells for $74.99, 57% off the retail price of $175.
UGG Australia outlets all have the same discount policy. When merchandise ends up on the clearance rack, expect a 50% discount. There can be bigger discounts depending on color. A sparkle version of the classic boot in colors like ruby red, emerald and deco blue, was selling at $149, a steep deduction from the regular price of $20o or $275. You won’t find the classic boot in the standard colors like chestnut and black at the outlet. The merchandise at outlets are usually discontinued items or from past seasons.
Off-Fifth’s example of its discounts is a pair of UGG boots originally sold at the manufacturer’s suggested price of $160. Typically the discount at Off-Fifth on UGGs is 20%, so for these boots, the price was $128. When Off-Fifth has a sale, you may get an additional discount anywhere from 30%-40%. That would mean the boots could cost $89.60 at the additional 30% cut or $76.80 at the extra 40% break.
On our list of locations selling discounted UGGs on the next page, you’ll notice that some of the UGG Australia, Off-Fifth and Nordstrom Rack stores are in the same place, like Woodbury Commons and Jersey Gardens. That’s great because here’s an opportunity to compare and corner the best savings.
UGG Outlet Stores
There are 33 UGG outlets in the U.S., concentrated in California and New York. (Side note: isn’t it funny that the residents of warm and sunny California love their UGGs?
You can see the full list of UGG Australia Outlets here, or see our condensed version below.
- Tanger Outlets in Barstow
- Desert Hills Premium Outlets in Cabazon
- Camarillo Premium Outlets in Camarillo
- San Francisco Premium Outlets in San Francisco
- Livermore Outlets in Livermore
- Citadel Outlets in Los Angeles
- Great Mall in Milipitas
- Ontario Mills Mall in Ontario
- Deckers’ Brand Outlet in Ventura
- Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets in Central Valley
- Tanger Outlets in Deer Park
- Tanger Outlets in Riverhead
- Riverhead Outlet Store in Riverhead
- The Mill at Jersey Gardens in Elizabeth
- Jersey Shore Premium Outlets in Tinton Falls
- UGG Outlet Foxwoods in Mashantucket
- Orlando Premium Outlets in Orlando
- Orlando Premium Outlets (Vineland) in Orlando
- Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise
- North Georgia Premium Outlets in Dawsonville
- Waikele Premium Outlets in Waipahu
- Chicago Premium Outlets in Chicago
- Fashion Outlets of Chicago in Rosemont
- Wrentham Village Premium Outlets in Wrentham
- Clarksburg Premium Outlets in Clarksburg
- Albertville Premium Outlets in Albertville
- St. Louis Premium Outlets in Chesterfield
- Premium Outlets North in Las Vegas
- Tanger Outlets Columbus in Sunbury
- Philadelphia Premium Outlets in Pottstown
- San Marcos Premium Outlets in San Marcos
- Lessburg Corner Premium Outlets
- Seattle Premium Outlets in Tulalip
- Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlets
Saks Fifth Avenue Off-Fifth stores
Check out the Saks Fifth Avenue Off-Fifth stores in New York and New Jersey below, or see the Off-Fifth store locator here. Gallery at Westbury Plaza, 1070 Old Country Road, Garden City, NY
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, 850 Grapevine Court, Suite 850, Central Valley, NY
- BergenTown Center, 20 Bergen Town Center Paramus, NJ
- Jersey Gardens, 651 Kapkowski Road, Elizabeth, NJ
- Riverhead Tanger Outlets, Tanger Drive Riverhead, NY
Nordstrom’s Nordstrom Rack Stores
If you’re in the New York City/New Jersey area, try the locations below. Or, visit the Nordstrom Rack store locator to find a store near you.
- Union Square, 60 East 14th Street, New York City
- Bergen Town Center, 510 Bergen Town Center, Paramus, NJ
- Gallery at Westbury Plaza, 1040 Old Country Road, Garden City, NY
- White Plains City Center, 3 City Place, White Plains, NJ
Or, Buy Used UGGs at Tradesy
If you don’t mind wearing secondhand Ugg boots, head on over to Tradesy’s Ugg page for some amazing deals. Yes, Tradesy sells used pieces, but the condition is generally very good. We took a look at the Ugg options (3/31/2015) and were pretty impressed with the selection and prices.
Watch Out for Fakes, Sort of
Here, we’ll pause to repeat the warning on getting tricked into buying fake boots. You can pass this warning along to anyone you know who is committed and especially someone who might boast of finding a site that sells UGGs at prices that seem too good to be true.
To ensure that you don’t get ripped off, UGG Australia has a page on its site devoted to counterfeiting, empowering you to check. All you have to do is plug in the name of a purported UGG discount seller, click, and you’ ll see if you’re getting a real UGG Australia dealer authorized to sell UGG boots. The reason you want to avoid counterfeit UGGs has to do with quality. You’ll get a boot with the style you want, but it probably be very poorly made.
Having said that, there are legitimate brands with styles similar to the UGG line. These brands vary in terms of quality and style. But if you are not hung up on the logo per se, you could save some dough by choosing a “fake UGGs” brand like Bearpaw. See our article on legitimate fake UGGs for more information.
Fun Fact about UGG Australia
Did you know UGG Australia is an American company? It was founded more than 30 years ago in Southern California by an Australian surfer. Armed with sheepskin, he was looking for a way to make gear to protect his feet in the waves.
UGG Boot Care
Once you’ve snagged a deal on your UGG boots, remember to care for them properly so they last a very long time. Watch the video below for the official care instructions.
Do you have any little-know tips for finding a deal on UGG boots? Let us know in the comments.
Need more tips on how to shop at outlet malls? Read: