Budget Fashionista® was launched in 2003 by Kathryn Finney and quickly became a recognized and trusted fashion blog brand. In 2014, Catherine Brock took over the helm of Budget Fashionista, continuing the site’s rich history of empowering women to look their best for less.
The Budget Fashionista has spawned numerous national and international television appearances (TODAY Show, Good Morning America, CNN, CNBC, E!/Style Network) and sponsorship relationships with some of the top retail/consumer products companies such as Proctor and Gamble, Sears Inc, Marshalls/TJ Maxx stores and RoC Skincare.
The Budget Fashionista has been featured on
Partner with Us for Fashion Influencer Campaigns
Budget Fashionista empowers fashion-minded women to look their best for less. If you represent a brand or product that shares this goal, we’d love to talk about connecting you with our audience. Keep in mind that delivering trustworthy advice to our readership is and always will be our top priority, and we have a partnership approval process in place for that reason.
We have worked with some of fashion’s most reputable brands to:
- promote new products
- create brand awareness
- reinforce brand messaging
- drive sales
Brands can sponsor blog posts, emails or social media posts. Our team can collaborate with you to determine the best strategy for your goals. Once the strategy is defined, we:
- write the original content
- create images
- publish the post
- promote the post with a minimum of 4 social media posts
- feature the post in our weekly email newsletter
- report engagement and reach metrics 2 and 4 weeks after the post is published
To maintain the trust of our audience, we:
- Must approve any brand being represented in sponsored content
- Do not guarantee positive product reviews (but if we have negative feedback, we will discuss this with the brand prior to posting)
- Do not allow sponsoring brands to review/edit posts before publication.
See a sponsored post here.
We can also make appearances for situations (like TV) when you need a real, live and credible person to represent your product.
We have limited display advertising space available. Please download our media kit below for more information.
We do occasionally accept guest posts. Here are some things to keep in mind before you reach out to inquire:
- Due to the volume of submission I receive, unfortunately, I can’t personally respond to all submissions. Understand that there is no guarantee that I will accept your post.
- The post must be 100% original. Ownership of the content transfers to Speak LLC once I publish it.
- Our readers are budget conscious women between the ages of 23-45.
- The content must be editorial in nature; I do not accept posts that are simply sales pitches for the product. You can mention your product, but there must be some instructional component to the content. It’s best if you present a topic idea before you write up a whole post. I will give you feedback on the topic. By approving a topic, I am not guaranteeing to accept the post.
- The post must be free of grammatical errors and typos. The overwhelming majority of posts I receive are poorly written. Please try to go above and beyond with your research and proofreading to improve the quality of your post.
- I reserve the right to make editorial changes to the content in order to suit the audience.
- I do have an editorial fee for guest posts. This covers the time for editing, posting and then managing the content (I do rolling content audits). Payment via PayPal is due within 24 hours of the post going live.
- The post is labeled as being written by an Outside Contributor.
- I will waive the editorial fee if you provide a fantastic post that requires no edits and has no outbound links in it. You can provide a short “about the author” paragraph at the bottom.
- I reserve the right to remove the post at any time after 12 months if it is not performing.
How to Submit a Guest Post or Topic Idea
Submit all content and topic ideas to: email@example.com. In that email, you must acknowledge having read the above guidelines.
You can also check out our editorial calendar for topic ideas.
For all questions, please reach out to Catherine Brock at 314-325-9369, or drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.