The Budget Fashionista® has been empowering women to look fabulous for less since 2003. At the helm of Budget Fashionista is personal finance expert and over-40 fashionista Catherine Brock.
Catherine has been featured on USA Today, MSN Money, Motley Fool, Fox2 St. Louis, ABC7 Chicago, CBS2 Los Angeles, WGN Chicago, WCPO Cincinnati and more.
See our press coverage page for more information.
Beauty and fashion influencer campaigns
The Budget Fashionista empowers fashion-minded women to look their best for less. If you represent a brand or product that shares this goal, we’d love to talk about connecting you with our audience. Keep in mind that delivering trustworthy advice to our readership is and always will be our top priority, and we have a partnership approval process in place for that reason.
We have worked with some of fashion’s most reputable brands to:
- promote new products
- create brand awareness
- reinforce brand messaging
- drive sales
Budget Fashionista welcomes brand sponsors for giveaways. Approved brand sponsors donate a prize package valued at $100 or more. The brand is featured in social media promoting the giveaway and in all communications to giveaway entrants.
The process for product reviews is as follows:
- You send me a sample of the product to try. I’ll use it and give you private, informal feedback.
- After I use it, I’ll let you know if I’m interested in reviewing your product on the blog. If I don’t like the product, neither one of us wants me to publish a review about it. For this reason, I never guarantee reviews on any sample product sent to me.
- If I select the product for a published review, I’ll write the review, publish it on the blog and share that review on social media. I would treat this as a sponsored post, with full disclosure to my audience.
Brands can sponsor blog posts, emails, or social media posts. Our team can collaborate with you to determine the best strategy for your goals. Once the strategy is defined, we:
- write the original content
- create images
- publish the post
- promote the post with a minimum of 4 social media posts
- feature the post in our weekly email newsletter
To maintain the trust of our audience, we:
- Reserve the right to decline any sponsored post pitch for any reason
- Do not allow sponsoring brands to review/edit posts before publication
- Disclose that the post is sponsored
- In accordance with best practices for search, we add rel=sponsored to all links within sponsored posts (in other words, we do not provide do-follow links in sponsored content)
See a sponsored post here.
Note that Budget Fashionista does not accept content from guest contributors.
We can also make appearances for situations (like TV) when you need a real, live and credible person to represent your product.
See a video of a Budget Fashionista television appearance here.
Please see this page for information on display advertising on The Budget Fashionista.
Have a sample sale or sale event you’d like to promote to our audience? See how to list your sale here. If you’d like more exposure beyond our sale calendar, fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch!