Bunions are probably one of the most common foot problems that no one wants to talk about. Why? Because even your mani-pedi won’t make them magically disappear. Plus, what type of comfy shoes can you wear when one has bunions without sacrificing cuteness? (Because sometimes orthopedic flip flops scream “I didn’t try”).
I’ll put a disclaimer on this right now: If you feel that you need to visit an orthopedic specialist, please do. But if you are trying to fit cute pairs of shoes for bunions into your wardrobe without further damaging your precious tootsies, here are some ideas.
First of all.. What are Bunions?
According to Bunion Center, the underlying problem is that tight shoes put pressure against the foot which causes a painful swelling on the big toe. Although some experts think that bunions are genetic, many believe that the problem is exacerbated by ill-fitting shoes, specifically tightness and pointedness.
Quick Shoe Tips for Bunion Suffers
– Avoid “pleather” shoes that restrict your feet
– Look for shoes in breathable fabrics like cotton and linen
– Search for wedges which provide height, but distributes weight much better than regular heels
– Watch out for shoes with seams along the sides that may cut into your feet
– Find brands like Kork Ease, Clarks, and the new comfort line by Kenneth Cole called Gentle Sole
Six Cute Shoes for Bunions Suffers
Here are some cute options for shoes for those with bunions.
1. Ladies’ Night Out
If you have bunions, elastic is your friend. Look for shoes that have elastic straps/tops that comfortably stretch over your foot. Also look for wedges, which provide the height of heels but distributes weight equally which reduces the amount of strain on the front of your foot.
2. Uggs: a Bunion’s Friend
If you have bunions, you get a total “UGG pass.” The boots offer comfort and trend for those looking for more options besides orthopedic shoes. Make sure your feet are dry when wearing the boots as moisture can lead to bacteria.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- The Iconic Label Born at the Family’s Kitchen Table - October 10, 2018
- How To Support Breast Cancer Awareness This October - October 3, 2018
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018