Disclosure: Budget Fashionista content contains affiliate links. Learn more.
If you want comfort outdoors you could buy these lovely Pottery Barn, striped pillows for $29 each. Or, you could make your own using a repurposed vinyl tablecloth such as this one from Target’s Whim line by Cynthia Rowley for only $3.95 in stores.
We used a Martha (Stewart, that is) idea: Use shower curtains and old vinyl tablecloths to make outdoor pillows. We tried it and it worked great.
Here is how you do it:
1. Cut two squares to the desired size from a shower curtain or tablecloth, adding about half an inch to each side for the seam.
2. Place the right sides of two pieces of fabric together and pin the edges straight.
3. Sew around the edges. Make sure to leave a small opening for the stuffing.
4. Turn your fabric right side out and stuff with stuffing.
5. Gently fold together the open hole and use a needle and thread to stitch the hole shut.
Tip: Re-use the stuffing from an old throw pillow or one from a thrift store. Re-using thrift store pillows is a cheap and easy way to find stuffing and even a template for your pillows (indoors or out).
Also, if using vinyl, you could probably skip a step and sew your pillow leaving the seams on the outside. That means, when you place the fabric together you leave the right sides on the outside and just sew.