Our content contains affiliate links, so know that we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy :) !
3. Cocoa Butter Rub-in Moisturizer
Cocoa butter has a rich mix of palmitic and stearic acids and saturated fats that give this ingredient super moisturizing power. This recipe combines cocoa butter with castor and Argan oils for maximum impact. You can also experiment by adding in almond and/or jojoba oil.
- Scoop equal amounts of cocoa butter, castor oil and Argan into a saucepan
- Heat the mixture gently and stir until combined
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool before scooping into a jar
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until hardened
- To use, scoop into a hot water tub
- Soak in the tub for up to an hour
- Dry with a towel and use your lotion
- Repeat as often as you like
4. Yogurt with Lemon Moisturizer
Why yogurt? Yogurt is an active source for the supply of zinc, potassium, vitamin B12, proteins and pantothenic acid.
- Wash one lemon and cut open
- Hand squeeze 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into the bowl
- Add 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Add 1 egg white
- Whisk ingredients together
- Rub generously on your face and let dry for 15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
5. Coconut Oil Rub
Why coconut oil? Coconut oil is loaded with proteins, fats and vitamin E. Regular application of coconut oil on skin does show results. It works on hair too!
There’s no recipe needed here. Simply pick up organic, unrefined coconut oil and apply straight onto your skin. Repeat as needed. Try using it after bathing in the morning and before you go to bed.
6. Honey and Banana
Why honey and banana? Honey is filled with age-defying ingredients and antioxidants. Banana on the other hand contains potassium and vitamins C and E.
- Mix one-quarter of a banana with 1 tablespoon of honey with a fork
- Add 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- Rub all over your skin and let dry for about 30 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water
Do you have any other DIY moisturizer recipes to share? Let us know in the comments.
Hello, Sarah, here from FixYourSkin! I have a lot of experience with skin health and have written several articles that have been published. FixYourSkin has a lot of useful tips and skincare advice on best vitamin c serum, moisturizers and DIY recipes which can give you great looking skin without any side effects! If you are looking for the Best Moisturizer for Acne Prone Skin, check out Fixyourskin.com.