Our content contains affiliate links, so know that we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy :) !
The desire for supple, healthy, glowing skin is one that many women have — but only a few take the initiative to work at it. The array of easily accessible, natural ingredients makes it worthwhile to try your hands on a few all-natural, DIY moisturizer recipes. We share six of our favorites below — these DIY beauty tricks are sure to give your skin a boost of lift and radiance!
DIY Moisturizer Recipes
1. Avocado Oil Moisturizer
Why Avocado oil? Avocados are loaded with nutrients like vitamins C, B6 and K, potassium, folate, and fiber. The anti-oxidizing quality of avocado helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, so that regeneration can take place with ease. Also, the fatty acids and polyunsaturated elements in avocado oil help plump your skin and firm its natural barrier to keep your skin cells protected and radiant. Fatty acids are essential to healthy cell membranes — without them, the skin would appear dull.
- Split open an avocado and remove the seed
- Puree the flesh from the two halves
- Place the pureed avocado into a pot and heat
- Remove from heat when the avocado turns dark
- Squeeze the heated avocado puree through a cheesecloth to bring out the oil
- Pour the oil in a jar
- Keep the oil in the refrigerator and scoop out as needed
To use, rub the oil on to your skin gently and wait 30 minutes. Rise with lukewarm water. Repeat once weekly.
2. The Egg Yolk Mix Moisturizer
Why egg yolk? Eggs provide healthy nutrients like folate, lutein, zeaxanthin selenium and vitamins for general wellbeing, plus skin radiance and glow The use of egg yolk in moisturizing your skin is founded on proven research; as a binding agent with no artificial ingredients, it will lead to firmer skin. This simple recipe makes it possible for your skin to absorb other ingredients after proper use.
- Break two eggs
- Separate the yolks and place them in a bowl
- Add a quarter of ripened avocado
- Add 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt
- Whisk to combine
- Step into your bath tub
- Apply a thick layer of the mix over your skin
- Leave to dry for 15 minutes
- Turn on warm water and wash off
- Repeat the process weekly