Dear Budget Fashionista,
I have a wedding to attend in late June and I found a black dress with small white polka dots that I love. Can I wear black to a wedding?
Tips for Wearing Black to a Wedding
- Add Color to the Outfit. A colorful wrap/pashmina (which you can find for less than $20 at stores like Target, TJ Maxx, Ross) can add a much needed dose of color to the outfit.
- Show Some Skin. When it comes to weddings, leave the boring long sleeves/high cut black dresses for funerals. Wear outfits that show skin and add a bit of sexiness to counter-balance the dark color, like a halter or strapless dress.
- Accessories are Key. Accessories are key when wearing black to a wedding. Look for accessories, especially jewelry, that adds a bit of sparkle (faux diamonds, crystals, etc) and/or color to your outfit.
- If You’re Pale, Then Tanning is Key. It’s important that your skin has a healthy glow. Try a self tanner like
Owner and Editor at The Budget Fashionista
As a Southern California transplant now living in the Midwest, Catherine has turned layering into an art form and accepted that UGGs actually do have a place in the stylish lady's wardrobe. She's been featured in Woman's World Magazine, DrLaura.com, Refinery29, Wellness.com and has made appearances on ABC7 Chicago, FOX2News St. Louis, KCAL9 Los Angeles, Fox19 Cincinnati, WGN TV Chicago and WCPO TV Cincinnati.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- Dinner Outfit for the Rectangle — Under $150 - December 7, 2019
- This Luxury Gift Will Wow Beauty Addicts for Less Than $50 - November 29, 2019
- Office Party Outfit for the Hourglass—Under $150 - November 29, 2019