Thanks to Soothi for partnering with me and providing the bracelets for this post.
If you want to go bold with your stacked bracelets, fall is the perfect season to do it. On super-hot days, a stack of bracelets just isn’t comfortable. And on cold days, you spend half your day struggling to get your coat on and off over your arm jewelry. Ah but the fall…cool breezes, light fabrics and three-quarter sleeves create a perfect backdrop for stacking. Here’s your inspiration to skip the statement necklace and go for a statement bracelet stack instead.
Two Steps for Stellar Stacked Bracelets
Bracelet stacking is a creative endeavor — it’s almost an ‘anything goes’ situation, where you’re only limited by how bold you feel that day. The only real risk for a bracelet stack is having too many star pieces at one time. And frankly, this risk increases for older women. The same big, flashy stack of bracelets might look hip on a 20-something and gaudy on a 40-something (you can disagree with me on this in the comments — but know that I’m in the 40-something category so I think I’m being realistic here and not judgy).
- So here’s the place to start: pick the piece that’ll be the star and then build around it.
- Next, consider the material of your bracelet(s), which can help you decide how to stack them and what outfits will work well with them.
Wooden Beaded Bracelet Stacks
Wooden beads have an organic, bohemian flair. They go very well with casual ensembles of denim, leather and cotton. Think loose t-shirt and denim jacket with sleeves rolled up, crop pants and lace-up leather sandals. You can pair monochrome wooden beads with a multicolored stone bead bracelet. Or, try a few metal bangles as bookends on either side of your beads.
Note that your bracelet stack will be less successful if you match up wooden beads with something more formal, like gemstones or a tennis bracelet.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- The Iconic Label Born at the Family’s Kitchen Table - October 10, 2018
- How To Support Breast Cancer Awareness This October - October 3, 2018
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018