Many types of garments don’t provide enough plus-size options. But we can’t really say the same about plus-size jeans. There are several brands with fabulous denim options, including ASOS Curve, Universal Standard, Ashley Stewart and even Forever 21.
Each brand offers its own take on jeans for curvy ladies, so we’ve created this shopping guide to help you navigate the denim landscape.
How to Shop for Plus-Size Denim
Here are our tried-and-true tips for shopping plus-size jeans.
- Always look for at least 3% spandex content in your jeans. The spandex helps them keep their shape and also hug your curves.
- Check out stores like Marshall’s and Ross, which always have a solid selection of plus-size jeans for very reasonable prices.
- Purchase jeans that fit you, even if you don’t like the number. No one can see what size you’re wearing, but everyone can see that telltale sign of ill-fitting jeans: the muffin top.
Best Plus-Size Jeans Styles
Best for chic style
Skinny jeans are sexy and chic. And, curvy women look fierce in skinny jeans. Don’t be afraid of that narrow leg — go with a looser, flowy top or add a tailored blazer for a balanced look.
Some places to buy plus-size skinnies that aren’t terribly expensive include:
Best plus-size jeans for balanced shape
Wide leg jeans are best for plus sizes because they balance your hips and thighs with the rest of the your body. This style looks very polished with tie-neck blouses and chunky heels.
Shop for affordable wide-legged, high-waisted styles at:
Bootcut jeans in a dark wash are truly all-purpose. Wear them to work or on a date or for running errands. They’ll look amazing on you as they’ll elongate your legs and round out your backside.
The going rate for a quality pair of bootcut jeans seems to be $90 and up. To save some dough off that price, shop at:
Best for casual style
Boyfriend jeans are super cute and sassy when paired with heels. Top them off with a t-shirt and, optionally, a casual blazer.
This silhouette offers a relaxed fit, while still outlining your shape and showing off your curves. jeans are best for plus size because they offer a relaxed fit while still outlining your shape.
As with the bootcut style, a good pair of boyfriend jeans often carries a steep price tag. To keep your jean purchase under budget, try:
Best for flaunting curves
Flare leg jeans are best for plus size women who are looking to flaunt their curves, thanks to a tighter fit through the waist and hip. This silhouette has a fun retro feel, which is ideal for fashionistas who like to wear something a little different. Pair flare jeans with a V-neck wrap top for maximum impact.
Shop for plus-size, flared leg jeans at these stores:
Best Plus-Size Jeans Shops
All-around, the best place to shop for any style of plus-size jeans has to be Torrid, followed by ASOS. Lucky Brand, Macy’s and Nordstrom are good options also if you don’t mind waiting for a sale.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- Casual Outfit for Petites—Under $150 - November 16, 2019
- It’s Time! Your Once-Annual Chance To Save Big on This Celebrity-Favorite Brand - November 15, 2019
- Shop Well and for Good: These Are The Gift Guides We’re Shopping Now - November 12, 2019