It’s refreshing to come across a celebrity whose on and off-air personas are not only consistent, but poised and polished nonetheless. News anchor, journalist, and author, Katie Couric, is known for her classic and age-appropriate style (we still can’t believe she’s 55), and has proved that professional attire doesn’t have to be stuffy and boring. Whether she’s asking the hard-hitting questions or working it on the red carpet, Katie’s a wardrobe role model for all ages.
Katie Couric’s Style
Photo Credit: Celeb Central, Getty
You don’t always find her in a basic blazer, but when you do, it’s the best tailored blazer you’ve ever seen. Katie likes breaks the mold of traditional workwear and suiting by playing up fun silhouettes and textures. Tweeds, silks, and belted waist lines are all in Katie’s regular rotation.
Photo Credit: Celeb Central, Getty, Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty
Mastering the right amount of skin to show can be a challenge for any age. Katie handles it with grace, sticking to sleeveless, mid-length, sheath dresses that compliment her figure without baring it all. The sheath dress can be one of the most versatile pieces in your wardrobe arsenal, so be sure to invest in a quality version of the silhouette.
1. Elementz Dress Sleeveless Printed Belted Sheath, Macy’s, Now $39.99
3. INC International Concepts Sleeveless Embroidered Beaded Sheath, Macy’s, Now $78.99
Coats can be yet another expression of personality, and for Katie, that’s about keeping it crisp and lady-like. Just like her hemlines, she’s a fan of mid-length coats and often act as the perfect polish to pull a look together. Lightweight coats can be one of the easiest layering pieces for Spring, so use them to top off sleeveless dresses on breezy days.
1. Cuffed Jacket, Forever21, $29.80
3. Via Spiga Trench, Macy’s, $88.99
Pointy Toe Pumps
1. GUESS Mipolia3 Pointy Toe Pumps, Bloomingdales, $99
2. SM Women’s Carli Pump, DSW, $59.95
3. BCBGeneration Cielo Pump, Piperlime, $89.00
As you can tell, Katie plays favorites when it comes to shoe style. Pointy toe pump trends may come and go, but they always look great with your go-to LBD, and oddly enough, skinny jeans. Take a cue from Katie and rework the classic into your heel repertoire.
Latest posts by Melissa (see all)
- All Ears: How to Make Your Outfits Look More Expensive, Instantly - February 4, 2018
- Turn Red Carpet Style into V-Day Glamour - February 2, 2018
- 5 Gym Wear Essentials Cool Enough to Wear on a Night Out - January 21, 2018