You don’t have to be a bazillionaire to look awesome on the slopes. For example, did you know that Wal-Mart has a limited, but inexpensive, collection of ski and winter outdoor garments, including ski pants and jackets for less than $35? Or that you can score an awesome down jacket from L.L.Bean for less than a day’s lift tickets?
How to Pick Budget Ski Clothes
Your outerwear garments, like ski pants, jackets, and gloves, should be waterproof. Test the garments out (perfect excuse to make snow angels) before heading out.
The key to staying warm and dry is layers. Under your waterproof jacket, wear an inexpensive, long sleeve t-shirt with a fleece pull over from a store like Old Navy.
It’s hard to look cute on the slopes when doing the robot walk because of garments that don’t move. Look for pieces that offer movement (like the expensive, but well worth the price, LL Bean Mountain Stretch Pants).
Look, the point is to be warm and cute. Look for stylish options in bright colors and/or black that offer stark contrast to the white snow (a major safety boost). Divas snow gear offers some great fashionable choices and they also offer plus-sized options. Who doesn’t want to look cute on the slopes?
Top Picks for Stylish Ski/Winter Outdoor Garments on a Budget
1. Sorel Women’s 1964 Pac Winter Boot, $109.95 at Endless.com
2. Airwalk Shadow Weather Boots, $44.99 at Payless.com
3. Faded Glory Snowflake Winter Boots, $15.00 at Walmart.com
4. Faded Glory – Women’s 4-in-1 Hooded System Jacket, $36 (available only in stores or ship to store) at Walmart.com
5. Morgan Down Jacket, $49.99 at Landsend.com
6. C9 by Champion® 3-in-1 Winter Jacket with Removable Shell – Black/Pink, $59.99 at Target.com
8. Mountain Stretch Pants, $179 at LL Bean.com