As soon as the word “premium” started to pop up in the denim category, prices on your most essential pants seemed to skyrocket. You can still find high-quality cheap jeans–you just need to know where to look (and of course, we’ve put together a list of our favorites).
When buying jeans at any price, there are a few things to keep in mind:
– Sizes really vary. Some brands are sized like men’s pants (0 to 30) and others are by waist (23 to 34). This can be really confusing from brand to brand, so it’s always important to try on and scrutinize every pair.
– Don’t forget, they will stretch out, but they’ll also shrink when washed, so buy the pair that is slightly bigger (but not a whole size up).
– Check the fabrications. For the sake of fit and comfort, look for at least 2 percent Spandex.
Here are our picks for the best cheap jeans brands on a budget.
Cheap Jeans Brands
Everyday Cheap Jeans: Old Navy
If you live to live in your jeans, you’ll want to try on the pants at Old Navy. The brand’s jeans aren’t only cheap (around $35 or less), but comfortable and long-lasting. Pick up trouser jeans to wear to the office and stretchy leggings for play. Don’t forget that extended sizes (petite, tall and plus) are primarily online.
Plus Size Jeans: Fashion Bug
There’s a bazillion plus-size jean lines, but we still turn to Fashion Bug when we’re looking for truly cheap jeans. Fashion Bug has colored denim leggings, whiskered jean trousers in up to a size 30 with inseams of 29” (petite), 32” (regular) and 34” (tall), and fits geared toward body types straight (yellow), moderately curvy (red) and curvy (blue). Some styles have a “Secret Slimmer” with an extra stretch panel (which we LOVE).
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- The Iconic Label Born at the Family’s Kitchen Table - October 10, 2018
- How To Support Breast Cancer Awareness This October - October 3, 2018
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018