While summer 2012 is all about color (from pastel pinks to neon green), it can be difficult to find out which is the best color for your skin tone. So we put together a list of rules you can use to choose clothes that flatter your coloring, every time.
3 Rules for Choosing the Best Color for Your Skin Tone
1. If Your Skin Tone is Pale, Then…
Avoid looking like a washed-out tweaker from “Breaking Bad” by sticking to the paler colors of this season, like soft oranges (think melon) and blues (think sky), both of which work well with paler skin tones.
Another option is to look for colors that are neutral to your skin tone (like beige or cream). Note: when you wear beige or cream, add gold accessories–like a great gold necklace or belt–to add a bit of warmth to the ensemble.
2. If Your Skin Tone is Medium, Then…
It’s going to be harder for you to dress this spring/summer, since pastels can read “ashy” and bright colors can add a yellow tint to your skin (see the shorts on the above model). Stick to colors that are more middle-of-the-road, like tans, standard green, and standard yellow.
3. If Your Skin Tone is Dark, Then…
You’re in luck, because all the colors, from the brightest blue to the most basic black, look fabulous on you. Because you can, try and play around with the bright colors of the season, like lime greens and raspberry pinks. Also try bright purples and play around with neon oranges.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- Casual Outfit for Petites—Under $150 - November 16, 2019
- It’s Time! Your Once-Annual Chance To Save Big on This Celebrity-Favorite Brand - November 15, 2019
- Shop Well and for Good: These Are The Gift Guides We’re Shopping Now - November 12, 2019