So, about our budget fashion and style advice: We sometimes use affiliate links, so we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy :) !
How to Tell If Your Louis Vuitton Purse is Real or Fake
- If it claims to be “brand new” and costs less than $300, most likely it is fake.
- If the “LV” logo is upright on both sides, it might be a fake.
- If it’s “brand new” and being sold on eBay or Yahoo! Auctions for less than $100, there is a good chance it’s fake.
- If the piping is not leather, it is fake.
- If the seams are uneven, frayed, the monogram is off or the bag is poorly sewn, it is definitely fake.
- If there is no date code (a.k.a date number) provided or if the seller is reluctant to provide a date code or receipt, it could be fake.
- If it’s a new bag and the bag’s handle is a different color leather than that of the piping, it’s fake.
- If the seller doesn’t allow returns, most likely it’s fake.
- If you bought it in your local Chinatown or from a street vendor, it’s fake.
- If the dust cover has rounded edges and/or it doesn’t come with a dust cover, it’s fake.
- If the bag has a hanging tag (of any type) or a bright yellow tag or envelope, it’s definitely a fake.
- If you bought the bag on an ecommerce site other than eluxury.com (be careful of eBay), it’s fake.
For more information on how to tell the authenticity of your Louis Vuitton bag, visit an authorized Louis Vuitton retailer (a boutique at your local high-end mall), or call the Louis Vuitton headquarters at (212) 758-8877.