Figuring out what to wear to a winter wedding can be tricky. It’s too cold for the strapless and sleeveless dresses you wore to your summer weddings. Yet, you don’t want to be too covered up (it’s a wedding, not a funeral). We have these answers and more with our quick list of do’s and don’ts for your wardrobe to a winter wedding.
What to Wear to a Winter Wedding
- Accessorize with gloves, scarves, and even a pretty winter hat.
- Wear a beautiful coat. While colors other than white are preferred, a white coat is okay in a pinch.
- Wear a pantsuit in a winter color like red, blue, or in a pinch, black
- Wear tights for warmth and for style.
- Wear pumps or flats with closed toes. You don’t want your feet to get too cold!
- Check with the bride to see what color the bridesmaids are wearing. You don’t want to look like you’re in the wedding party.
- Dance the night away. It will keep you warm and you’ll be sure to have a great time.
- Wear white , even if you look amazing in it.
- Wear strappy sandals or open-toe shoes. Even in the south, winter nights can get chilly.
- Wear clothes that are too tight or too short. No one likes to be stared at for the wrong reasons.
- Wear jeans, khaki pants, etc. If you wear pants, they should be dressy.
- Wear anything too showy. Unless it’s black-tie, leave a long gown or a sequined dress at home.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- How to Face the Holiday Party Season in Style - November 13, 2018
- 5 Black Friday Alternatives That Are Good for the Soul - November 11, 2018
- The Iconic Label Born at the Family’s Kitchen Table - October 10, 2018