There’s nothing like a good dollar store, but how do you know if what you’re getting is really a bargain or just junk? The September Issue of ShopSmart Magazine gives us the answers, with a great story on what one should, and shouldn’t, buy from the local dollar store. Here’s some tips.
4 Things You Should Buy at the Dollar Store
Based on the unit price, these items are steals at the dollar store.
- Heavy-duty Aluminum Foil: At 3 cents per square foot, the dollar store can’t be beat on price.
- Gift Wrap: Dollar stores had the cheapest price at 2 cents per square foot versus 17 cents at one grocery store. But, skip the tissue paper. It’s more expensive at dollar stores.
- Cotton Rounds: For something used everyday to remove makeup, the savings could really add up over time.
- Party Supplies: Gift bags, ribbon, greeting cards, decorations and balloons are all great buys.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- The Iconic Label Born at the Family’s Kitchen Table - October 10, 2018
- How To Support Breast Cancer Awareness This October - October 3, 2018
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018