As I write this, there are 42.7 million women across the nation dealing with some form of heart disease. Of this number, at least one woman– a mom, a loving partner, a daughter, a friend, a terrific employee–dies every minute. In my case, the face of these statistics is my own grandmother.
She is my inspiration behind donning a red dress again this year, as we partner with Diet Coke®, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) on the annual The Heart Truth® campaign. Now on its eleventh year, the initiative aims to empower women everywhere with better understanding on how to take care of their hearts.
The campaign’s red letter day is on February 1st, when women are encouraged to bring out their favorite red shirt, shoe, or dress for the National Wear Red Day®.Other events planned this year are the annual Red Dress Collection Fashion Show (debuting on New York’s Fashion Week), the First Ladies Red Dress Collection, and The Heart Truth® Road Show.
Show Your Heart and Win a Trip to NYC (Plus a Shopping Spree!)
Show your heart and support to The Heart Truth® campaign and you might just be one of the five lucky daily winners of a trip for two to New York City in time for the NY Fashion Week, or better yet, be the sole grand winner of a free trip and a shopping spree accompanied by an uber-talented stylist!
How to Enter:
1. From January 22 to January 29, 2013, upload an original heart-inspired picture on Twitter and Instagram. You can submit up to five (5) photos per day / entry period. If a person is depicted in the photo, it should only show the Entrant.
2. Tweet, Share, or Post a Picture and Publish your photo using the hashtag #ShowYourHeart. Make sure your profile and photo are set to Public.
3. One (1) winner will be picked daily for five days. One (1) grand prize winner will be picked during the grand prize judging session.
More contest details can be found here.
The best part is that everyone will be a winner here! Diet Coke has pledged that for the entire month of February, American Heart Month, readers who upload photos to Twitter or Instagram with #ShowYourHeart will trigger a donation by Diet Coke to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (up to $100,000), in support of women’s heart health programs.
About Diet Coke and The Heart Truth®
Diet Coke is in its sixth year as a passionate supporter of the The Heart Truth® campaign, led by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). This year, Diet Coke is building momentum from the can to the catwalk as millions of Diet Coke packages will prominently feature the hashtag #ShowYourHeart for the first time ever.
The Heart Truth® campaign raises awareness and support for women’s heart health programs. Women need to know that it’s never too early to begin taking care of their hearts.
This is a paid sponsored campaign for Diet Coke® and The Heart Truth® Campaign. All thoughts and comments in this post, however, are by me.
Photo courtesy of The Heart Truth®, www.hearttruth.gov, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The Heart Truth, its logo, and The Red Dress are registered trademarks of HHS. Red Dress Collection is a service mark of HHS. Participation by TBF does not imply endorsement by HHS/NIH/NHLBI.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- Dinner Outfit for the Rectangle — Under $150 - December 7, 2019
- This Luxury Gift Will Wow Beauty Addicts for Less Than $50 - November 29, 2019
- Office Party Outfit for the Hourglass—Under $150 - November 29, 2019