There’s this myth that there are no plus size fashion designers — this is far from the truth. Over the last decade plus size fashion has made great strides and here are five great plus size designers to keep a look out for:
1. Anna Scholz launched her self-titled label for plus size clothing from her flat in London in 1996. Her creations dress the curves of women size 12 to 28 from a limited seasonal collection that usual involves bright patterns and fine details from the latest trends. The Anna Scholz label can be found at select boutiques and department stores (Neiman Marcus/ Saks Fifth Avenue) as well as at her official website which ships worldwide.
2. Jacqueline Floro’s INES collection for curvy women size 10 to 26 is relatively new but this designer is not new to clothing design having developed a strong reputation with the Bilingual Clothing line. INES offers figure flattering, pattern intensive, designs with bold beautiful colors. Pieces from Jacqueline’s collection can be purchased through Shop Translated.
3. Melissa Masse started off custom designing clothing for others before she struck out on her own and developed her self-titled line in 2002 that extends to plus size 3x. Melissa’s of ready to wear collection offer simple fashions for every day life. Her designs can be found at fine department stores (primarily Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales) and her official website where they will also do custom sizing.
4. Niehla Ollie is the owner and head designer of Chocolate Sushi Couture. A strictly plus size designer with an updated retro flare that is romantic, functional, and fashionable. Her fashions are currently available through sample sales she announces on Facebook. You can see some of her designs in her facebook photo album and if you become a “friend” you can learn about quarterly “soirees” where her designs are available.
5. Jasmine Elder is the designer behind Jibrion which offers “high fashion chic and urban street sleek” designs for sizes 14 to 24. Since 2006 she has been sharing her eye for the truly curvy woman. Her designs can be purchased at select boutiques and online at Etsy.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- The Iconic Label Born at the Family’s Kitchen Table - October 10, 2018
- How To Support Breast Cancer Awareness This October - October 3, 2018
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018