New York City. Don’t those three magical words just scream “shopper’s paradise”? Although “budget” may not be the first thing at comes to mind when you think of Big Apple shopping, we have the tips to guide you through the expensive shopping trenches so you can discover the hidden and not-so-hidden bargains in the city that never sleeps! So put on your most comfortable shoes, grab your biggest tote and gather up your dough. It’s time to go bargain hunting. Sales beware!
The Budget Fashionista’s New York Shopping Tips
- Find the Sample Sales. New York is known for taxis, big apes and sample sale events. For a general guide to when these sales usually happen, visit our guide to sample sales (NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO CONTACT THE DESIGNER/STORE DIRECTLY FOR THE SPECIFIC DATE OF THEIR SALES. You can also visit the Metropolitan Pavillion’s website (http://www.metropolitanpavillion.com for a listing of their upcoming sample sale events.
- Shop Uptown. Although probably best known for being uber-expensive, at least take a stroll along Madison Avenue from the 60’s to the 80’s to window shop. Then head to some of the best consignment shops in the world to try and find these higher end fashions for less. Try consignment shops like Michael’s Consignment Shop and Cancer Care Thrift Shop, where ladies who lunch sale last season’s Chanel suits for rock bottom prices.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- The Iconic Label Born at the Family’s Kitchen Table - October 10, 2018
- How To Support Breast Cancer Awareness This October - October 3, 2018
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018