Many of us make the mistake of completely neglecting what goes underneath. Not having the proper undergarments means that the clothes on top don’t look or feel as good as they should. Knowing this, The Budget Fashionista has complied this quick list of five things every women needs in her lingerie drawer:
1. A pair of Assets. Fact: Even the most slender of us women can benefit from a little “packaging” (ask Jennifer Love Hewitt). Assets, sold at Target and made by the same folks who make spanx, hold you in at about half the price of the more expensive brand.
2. A half slip. Here’s why you need a half slip: manufacturers are not lining dresses anymore, which means there’s little protecting you from an unfortunate mooning incident on a windy day. Also, don’t underestimate the effect of lighting conditions in different locales. The slip doesn’t need to be pricey (pick one up for next to nothing at Marshall’s or TJ Maxx) it just needs to be the right length. Too long and you’ll look like you don’t just shop in the bargain basement, you actually live there.
3. A basic black (or flesh colored) bra. White bras are great, but we all know that sometimes they show, and that’s not a good look on any one. A simple flesh colored bra is a necessity and if you’re unable to find one that is close to your skin tone, then try a basic black bra.
4. A camisole that can double as a bra. This means a camisole with some reinforcement lyrca-type fabric and/or a built in shelf bra.These bra are a great alternative on days you don’t want to wear a bra and/or when you want to have a little extra covering underneath a low cut sweater.
5. A pair of basic flesh-colored nylons. Yes, we know your Granny has these too, but they do come in handy from time to time, especially if a) it’s kind of chilly, b) you haven’t shaved, c) for more conservative environments like a job interview and/or church
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- Dinner Outfit for the Rectangle — Under $150 - December 7, 2019
- This Luxury Gift Will Wow Beauty Addicts for Less Than $50 - November 29, 2019
- Office Party Outfit for the Hourglass—Under $150 - November 29, 2019