Accidentally shrink your favorite wool sweater? Well, this tip gives you instructions on how to unshrink that sweater in using your own kitchen sink
Unshrink a Wool Sweater in 6 Steps
- You can stretch your sweater by soaking the garment in a tub and/or sink with a mixture of gentle hair conditioner (think Baby Shampoo) and lukewarm water for approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain the water out of the tubg/sink. DO NOT wring the sweater, but press the sweater against the side of the basin to drain the excess water.
- Remove the garment and lay it flat on a really thick towel that is very absorbent.
- Use another towel to blot the excess water away.
- Gently pull the sweater into the desired shape.
- Let the sweater air dry flat as hanging the sweater will put it out of shape
Here’s a Great Video with Tips on How to Unshrink a Sweater
Interesting fact: A similar procedure, called blocking, is used by high-end knit designers like St. John Knits to “stretch” garments to a larger size.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- Dinner Outfit for the Rectangle — Under $150 - December 7, 2019
- This Luxury Gift Will Wow Beauty Addicts for Less Than $50 - November 29, 2019
- Office Party Outfit for the Hourglass—Under $150 - November 29, 2019