Warehouse Drop Waist Dress, $80.57 from ASOS
To your budget fashionista delight or dismay, we can officially report the drop waist dress is back for Spring. Characteristic of the Chloe’ label, and the typical no-curve Chloe’ model, rocking the drop waist dress used to be only an (ill-fitting) dream for some of us. Regardless of your silhouette history, rest assured, the updated styling saw resurgence on Spring runways, in much more floating and flattering shapes that could camouflage even the most body-conscious fashionista’s flaws.
How to Wear Drop Waist Dresses this Spring
Paralleling other S/S ‘12 trends in terms of buttery, lightweight fabrics and whimsical candy-colored prints, the new drop waist dress is the perfect, breezy substitute to your structured, Spring cocktail dress. Whether you’re looking for a slouchy or slim fit, everyone can have a piece of this Spring’s Gatsby-inspired elegance.
1. Dress with Dropped Waist, $98.48 from ASOS
2. Feather Print Drop Waist Silk Dress, Now $71.99 from BCBG Max Azria
A floating top half is quick to hide any body issues, and a great way to showcase better assets like legs or shoulders. If you’re a fan of wrap-style dresses, look for similar shapes in the drop waist silhouette. V-necklines can be one of the most figure flattering shapes on any woman, and a sleeveless, tank cut is perfect for the fashionista looking to show a bit more skin.
Latest posts by Melissa (see all)
- All Ears: How to Make Your Outfits Look More Expensive, Instantly - February 4, 2018
- Turn Red Carpet Style into V-Day Glamour - February 2, 2018
- 5 Gym Wear Essentials Cool Enough to Wear on a Night Out - January 21, 2018