When it comes to handbags, you can never have too many. It’s a fashion truth: the perfect bag can make or break an outfit. Clutches, satchels, cross-bodies, hobos and totes are worthwhile investments that will always fit. That doesn’t mean you have to empty your wallet to find a new place to put it.
When looking for less expensive bags, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- It’s probably a good idea to stay away from logos, which draw more attention to the brand name than to the style and color.
- Decide if you can live without leather. The real stuff will probably last longer, but it will also cost you more.
- If you’re looking for longevity, then you might want to stick with a basic color like black or brown.
- Check out our picks for the best handbag brands on a budget.
Best Handbags Brands on a Budget
1. Bottomless bag: Big Buddha
1. Big Buddha “Brianna” Bucket Bag, $90 at Big Buddha
2. Big Buddha “Chloe”Slouchy Tote, $95, at Big Buddha
Need an oversized carryall? Big Buddha has a bag that even Mary Poppins wouldn’t be able to fill. The relaxed boho-inspired line specializes in bags that hold everything you need to carry and more, most for close to $100. You’ll find them in Lord & Taylor and on Zappos, but they also show up in boutiques.
2. Trendy bag: Olivia + Joy
3. Olivia + Joy large “Tycoon” Flap Bag, $78, at Olivia + Joy
4. Olivia + Joy “Toast 2 You” Top-Handle Crossbody Bag, $68, at Olivia + Joy
When browsing Olivia + Joy, you’ll always find a bag that you want. The good news is that for $48 to $98, you can probably afford it. This newish label specializes in fashion-forward designs that strike a balance between pretty and edgy and trendy and classic.
3. Party Bag: ASOS
5. ASOS Metallic Flat Lock Across Body Bag, $26.19 at ASOS
6. ASOS Metallic Dogtooth Zip-Top Clutch, $43.65 at ASOS
If you’re going to a cocktail party or to a girls’ night out, you can dress up any little black dress, jeans or a tee with a fun metallic cross-body or sleek clutch from ASOS. The British-based online store’s fashion-forward selections are playful and statement pieces. They might be so trendy, you’ll only want to use them for a season or two, but that’s plenty considering the price tag of $50 or under.
5. Work bag: Merona
7. Large Cognac Hobo, $34.99 at Target
8. Small Flap Bag, $29.99 at Target
9. Merona Satchel, $34.99 at Target
Looking for an office-appropriate but still fashion-forward handbag? Merona has your bag. The Target brand makes a variety of handbags that will fit your iPad and look fresh in the process. Plus, for $45 and under, you can carry a new one every season.
5. Weekend bag: Jessica Simpson
10. Jessica Simpson “Katie” Satchel, was $98, now $88.20 at Zappos
Despite being a fashion entrepreneur and pop star, it seems like every day is a weekend for Jessica Simpson. Appropriately enough, her handbag line features everything we want in a weekend purse–fun patterns and colors that will stand out with our brunch and shopping uniform of denim and oversized tops.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- Dinner Outfit for the Rectangle — Under $150 - December 7, 2019
- This Luxury Gift Will Wow Beauty Addicts for Less Than $50 - November 29, 2019
- Office Party Outfit for the Hourglass—Under $150 - November 29, 2019