When it comes to handbags, you can never have too many. It’s a fashion truth: the perfect bag can make or break an outfit. Clutches, satchels, cross-bodies, hobos and totes are worthwhile investments that will always fit. That doesn’t mean you have to empty your wallet to find a new place to put it.
When looking for less expensive bags, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- It’s probably a good idea to stay away from logos, which draw more attention to the brand name than to the style and color.
- Decide if you can live without leather. The real stuff will probably last longer, but it will also cost you more.
- If you’re looking for longevity, then you might want to stick with a basic color like black or brown.
Check out our picks for the best handbag brands on a budget.
Best Handbags Brands on a Budget
1. Bottomless bag: Big Buddha
1. Big Buddha “Brianna” Bucket Bag, $90 at Big Buddha
2. Big Buddha “Chloe”Slouchy Tote, $95, at Big Buddha
Need an oversized carryall? Big Buddha has a bag that even Mary Poppins wouldn’t be able to fill. The relaxed boho-inspired line specializes in bags that hold everything you need to carry and more, most for close to $100. You’ll find them in Lord & Taylor and on Zappos, but they also show up in boutiques.