This content may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosures for more information.
We know that choosing what to wear to a fall wedding can be a frustrating task. You don’t want to upset the bride (more importantly, you don’t want to upstage the bride). But, you still want to look amazing. Plus when it comes to fall, you never know what type of weather you’re going to get (Hurricane? Maybe. Blizzard? Why not?) so we put together this little guide to help you look your fabulous best at your fall weddings.
What to Wear to a Fall Wedding:
- Dress up. A pretty dress is fine for both afternoon and evening weddings.
- Wear nice heels or flats, depending on what makes you most comfortable (flats might be easier to maneuver outside).
- Embrace bright fall colors. Marigold, maroon, purple, turquoise, dark green would be beautiful.
- Check with the bride to see what color the bridesmaids are wearing. You don’t want to look like you’re in the wedding party.
- Bring a shawl or pashmina to an evening wedding in case it gets cold.
- Consider a pretty fall suit in a lightweight wool like gabardine.
- Accessorize. Find a statement necklace in coordinating colors to your outfit.
- Wear something you feel sexy in, but stay modest.
- Wear white, off-white, or ivory.
- Wear basic brown, which can look very sad at a wedding.
- Wear flip-flops or casual shoes. Dress to impress.
- Wear shorts, revealing tops or dresses that are too tight or too short.
- Wear anything alarming or attention-seeking, like giant hats or neon orange dresses. Go for a more muted appearance.