When you buy via links on this page, I may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
We provide this content for informational purposes only. These policies are subject to change. Please contact the store directly for current return policies. You can find the official policy here.
Payless Shoesource: Where they are today
Payless Shoes and its nonstop commercials popularized “BOGO” deals and made cheap, cute shoes available to the masses. When my kids were young, I routinely shopped the budget shoe store, for their footwear and my own — plus I’d also come away with socks and the occasional handbag.
Sadly, Payless closed all of its 2,500+ North American stores in 2019 and we all had to say goodbye to those distinctive orange storefronts. Payless was in bankruptcy at the time, after already emerging from bankruptcy once before. Analysts said the chain collapsed because of high debt, inconsistent merchandise, and generally poor engagement from customers.
You can still shop Payless online and you can even find Payless storefronts in Central America, the Caribbean, South America, Asia, Middle East, and North Africa. All in, about 700 Payless Shoes storefronts are still open.
Shopping Payless Shoes online
Payless.com retains the feel of the old Payless stores — thanks to that signature orange color scheme and a selection of shockingly cheap shoes. We’re talking tall boots for $40, off-brand UGGs for $30, and ankle boots for $25.
Here’s what you need to know about shopping Payless online:
- Sign up for emails and you’ll receive a coupon for 20% off a single purchase.
- Spend $35 or more to get free shipping. That’s probably two pairs of shoes.
- Check the clearance page for deep discounts off of already low prices. These are often off-season styles.
- Shop by brand. As with the old Payless stores, the quality of the shoes can be inconsistent. Use the brand filter to narrow your choices down to brands you know and trust.
- You cannot use old gift cards at the online store. The bankruptcy court devalued all Payless gift cards and merchandise credits in 2019. If you have those lying around, you can toss them.
- Print out the Find Your Fit sizing chart. This is handy for any online shoe purchase!
Brands sold at Payless
Wondering what brands are sold at Payless? The online retailer actually sources a decent collection of brands:
- American Eagle
- Comfort Plus By Predictions
- Cross Trekkers
- Deflex by Dexter
- Kendall + Kylie
- LA Gear
- Lower East Side
- Marvel Entertainment
- Monster Jam
- Nicole Miller
- Princes Cupcake Jones
- Rugged Outback
- Teeny Toes
- Zoe & Zac
For women’s shoes, I’d immediately filter the options down to Nicole Miller and Kendall + Kylie. Zoe & Zac has cute styles for kids.
Payless Shoes return policy
You can return items you buy from Payless.com within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Here are the rules:
- Return your item in its original packaging along with a completed Return form. You can get the return form here.
- Payless processes your return within 10 days and credits the original form of payment.
- You do need to pay for the return shipping. Send your items back by USPS, FedEx, or UPS to: Payless.com Returns Processing, 40 Logistics Blvd., Walton, KY 41094
Payless Shoes exchange policy
There is no separate process for Payless.com exchanges. Basically, follow the return process above, wait for a credit back to your original form of payment, and then make a new purchase for the item you want.