Our content contains affiliate links, so know that we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy :) !
Reader, I need you to make me a promise: that you will try to inject a bit of color into your wardrobe. As a “seasoned fashionista” there is no reason why you have to hang up your color wheel just because you’ve reached a certain age.
If you have a darker skin tone, you’re lucky, you can wear almost any bright vibrant color. The brighter the better. If you have fairer skin and are concerned about looking washed out, start with the color of your eyes. This is universally flattering!
Remember when women over 60 were told to cover up? Well those days are now a distant memory. If you’ve got the goods, show them (within moderation of course). Showing a bit of cleavage is not only sexy, but can make you look thinner too.
Other things to include in your wardrobe
- A leather skirt, which is now considered a classic.
- A pair of tailored black pants in light fabrics like cotton and rayon. Again, look for pants will a little spandex/lycra content- this will help to control any problem areas.
- For skirts, stick to straight or A-line cuts that hit slightly below the knee.
- Wear a shoes with a slight heel. Try brands like Soffit, Gentle Souls, Cole Haan,a nd even Tory Burch which are both comfortable and very stylish
- A couple of fitted (not tight) t-shirts and tanks to wear underneath blazers.
For inspiration, look at Vogue, More Magazine and Harpers Bazaar, which tend to have fashions for women of all ages.