Summer is around the corner and people everywhere are getting ready to pack their bags and go on vacation! So where will you go? And once you get there, what will you wear? Maybe you’re reading this and thinking, ugghhh, I already took my vacation; that’s okay you can still use your ideal getaway as fashion inspiration. Take this quiz to pinpoint your vacation style — and then use it as your fashion muse!
Try our TBF Vacation Style Quiz!
1. When it comes to distance, I prefer:
- a) If there aren’t several time changes I don’t feel as though I’ve left. Put me on a eight-hour-plus plane ride so I know I’m far, far from home!
- b) Why waste time getting there? I prefer driving or taking a train no more than two hours
- c) I hate jet lag but want to go somewhere fun so I prefer 2-3 hour plane rides
- d) Hello? I can camp thirty minutes away from my house!
2. When I arrive at my destination I want to:
- a) Discover! I love trying out the language and local cuisine, then soaking up the history
- b) Make myself at home by unpacking and staking out the local land, then getting active to get rid of my sore butt from the journey
- c) Heading directly to the beach (I wore my bikini under my travel garb)
- d) Set up the tent, scavenge the area for wood to make a fire, and prepare to have a cookout
3. My ideal hotel is:
- a) Close to the action so I can see as much as possible
- b) An adult playground–meaning a great pool, golf course, and activities
- c) Steps from the beach
- d) No hotel necessary, nature is my host!
4. My favorite activities on vacation are:
- a) Wining, dining, museums, history, meeting locals
- b) Hiking, biking, boating, golfing–active relaxation
- c) Summer reads, sun-soaking, relaxing
- d) Chillaxing in nature
5. My bag usually has:
- a) Chic clothes that fit in with my surroundings
- b) Less is more of active gear
- c) A couple swimsuits, flip-flops, a towel and SPF
- d) Hiking shoes, compass, S’mores ingredients & bug repellant
6. My vacation is best spent:
- a) Alone, with one other (best friend or love)
- b) Friends
- c) My life partner
- d) Family or friends
7. ) I want to get ______ out of my vacation
- a) A new insight and perspective on the world from a new culture
- b) Time to unwind via physical activity by day, grilling or eating out by night
- c) A great tan
- d) A chance to breathe in the fresh air
If you answered mostly As
You love traveling to foreign countries, using the local language, eating the local cuisine, and discovering what makes that culture tick. It doesn’t matter how far away–in fact, the farther the better ’cause that means you really got away. You don’t want to stick out a like a tourist so when you’re in Paris, you wear scarves, when in Brazil you wear barely-there dresses and Havaianas.
Whatever country you’re dreaming of right now, dress like it! That said, there are a few traveler’s best friends: a stylish blazer (never know the weather when you’re out all day but, still gotta look cool), chic but comfortable loafers for day-trekking, sexy pumps for nighttime fun, and sophisticated lightweight scarf (somehow makes you look more local).
Zara‘s a no-fail solution for your style.
If you answered mostly Bs
- You enjoy activities whether it’s beach volleyball, golfing, boating, or hiking. Just about anywhere is a good destination for you so long as there’s room to play frisbee and isn’t too far away. Use the latest in golf fashion to get inspired, the fun colors and dri-fits will allow you to look good while staying cool.
Puma‘s got you covered for flashy active wear.
If you answered mostly Cs
- You are a beach babe and live for your time soaking in the rays, feeling your feet sink into warm grains of sand, and lying on your back in the saltwater as the lull of the ocean rocks you. Naturally, you have several bathing suits already, so focus on some multi-purpose dresses. Those that can be thrown over your suit by day and paired with heels by night.
JCPenney has hundreds of affordable options that will leave you with extra money for more beach trips in the future.
If you answered mostly Ds
- For you, vacation means away from the hubbub of city living. You love nature and don’t mind getting your hands dirty. The last thing you want bogging you down is a heavy suitcase filled with high heels. But even if you’re fishing, making fires, and playing in the dirt, you can still don a dress.
Try the Women’s GeoTrek’r Dress — just pair with lightweight leggings when it cools down or for hiking on thorny paths.