What: Are you a bargain hunter? Well, ShopSmart brings us an in depth report on the bargain shopper’s psyche as well as some Super Couponers’ Top Tips.
What they Say: American women are savvy shoppers, according to a new national poll featured in the May 2011 issue of ShopSmart magazine, from the publisher of Consumer Reports. Over three quarters of women (76%) consider themselves to be bargain hunters, with 10% admitting they like the challenge of finding the best deal. The poll also found that two thirds (65%) of women typically wait for a sale to purchase items.
1. Know your grocery store’s policy: Sometimes there are coupon specials and other days of the week they may not take coupons at all, so keep track of this.
2. Save coupons for on sale items: Match your weekly sale flyers with your coupon collection to save even more.
3. Take inventory mid-month: In the middle of each month, look through the expiration dates to make sure you’re not missing a great deal.
4. Track price cycles: Usually items go on sale at regular intervals so keep track of these as well as the items you buy most often. This way you can purchase your needs when there is a great deal going on.
5. Watch closely during checkout: Did the cashier use your coupon correctly? Sometimes they forget.
6. Don’t automatically reach for store brands: Though these are often just as good as national brands, they aren’t necessarily going to be cheaper if you have the right coupons.
7. “Stack” coupons: To maximize savings, use more than one coupon at once, if possible.
8. Shop at stores that accept competitors’ coupons: Some stores will do this and you should be the beneficiary.
9. Use coupons on trial sizes: This might make them free. Free stuff, people.
10. Don’t toss expired coupons: Just ask at the store if they still accept them. Sometimes they will.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- Dinner Outfit for the Rectangle — Under $150 - December 7, 2019
- This Luxury Gift Will Wow Beauty Addicts for Less Than $50 - November 29, 2019
- Office Party Outfit for the Hourglass—Under $150 - November 29, 2019