Our content contains affiliate links, so know that we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy :) !
It’s amazing how many uses you can find for everyday products you already have lying around the house. Today’s post covers toothpaste – it’s not just for sparkly whites anymore!
We’ve collected the following uses for toothpaste based on research, testing them ourselves, and forcing our friends to test them. We take the fact that our friends are still speaking to us as a good sign that the toothpaste is working! (note that these tips are for paste NOT GEL)
Eco Friendly Toothpaste
1. Put a little bit of toothpaste on an old toothbrush. Wet the toothbrush and use to gently clean diamond rings and silver jewelery. (NOTE: do not use on pearls)
2. Dab a little bit of toothpaste on minor, small, burns.
3. Use a bit of toothpaste on scratched CDs to polish away scratches.
4. White toothpaste can be used to remove crayon from painted walls. Rub the marks with the toothpaste and a damp cloth. Wipe off with a clean, damp cloth to get rid of the residue.
5. Similar to burns, toothpaste helps to stop itching and reduce swelling from bug bites.
6. Toothpaste can sparkle your nails in the same way it sparkles your teeth. Put some toothbrush on a nailbrush, wet nails and the brush with water and scrub under your nails.
7. Toothpaste can be used as a minor stain remover on clothes and carpets.
8. Removes scuffs from leather shoes. Dab a bit of the paste on the scuffed area and rub with a soft cloth. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
9. Clean your clothes iron. Apply the toothpaste on a cool iron, scrub with a cloth, then rinse clean.
10. Everything AND the kitchen (or bathroom) sink: squirt some toothpaste into the sink, scrub with a sponge, and rinse it out.