Last week, I got to hang out with Kelly and the gang from New Jersey’s flagship newspaper, The Star Ledger at the Marshalls store in Secaucus, NJ. Kelly wrote a front page piece about me and the site for the newspaper (okay, totally amazing, who would have thought when I arrived from Minneapolis at Newark International for my first day of college that I would end up on the cover of the state’s newspaper?) and then followed me to one of my FAVORITE shopping spots, Marshalls. During the shoot, I shared a few of my general shopping tips, but here are some great tips specific to Marshalls.
Three Things to Buy at Your Local Marshalls
1. Sheets. Marshalls (and its sister store TJ Maxx) is pretty much the best place to purchase high thread count sheet sets for under $40.00. During our shoot, I bought a 450 thread count Queen sheet set for $30, that is virtually the same sheet set as the Charter Club line at Macys. The difference? About $30.
2. Undergarments. In the video I held up a pair of butt enhancing underwear, but you can find plenty of great “regular” undergarments from big brands like Calvin Klein, Spanx, Wacoal, for 50% off or more. Marshalls is a particular great place to pick up an old school undergaarments, like pantyhose, full slips and girdles.
3. Handbags. About two months ago, I saw this Steve Madden handbag at Macys for $68.00. The next day, I went into the Secaucus Marshalls and saw the same handbag for $29.99, which is even less than its current sale price. This isn’t the first time that I’ve seen something at Marshalls at the same time it’s at a department store.
What are Your Marshalls shopping tips?
** Full Disclosure** I worked at the Marshalls in Southdale Center in Edina, MN while in High School and pretty much gave them back my entire paychecks. They also sponsored by 2006 book tour.
Thanks Barb and crew from Marshalls…
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- How to Face the Holiday Party Season in Style - November 13, 2018
- 5 Black Friday Alternatives That Are Good for the Soul - November 11, 2018
- The Iconic Label Born at the Family’s Kitchen Table - October 10, 2018