When putting together an outfit for the day, sometimes you can’t help but feel that it all just looks a little…blah. Enter the statement necklace, that piece that ties everything together, gives pop where there was flop and draws an admiring eye. Whether you choose to go for the long and dramatic strands or prefer striking necklaces that hug your collarbone, you’ll be a hot topic of conversation with these chatty pieces. But before you don one of these conversation starters, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Simplicity, Part I—When you’re wearing an outfit that is already chock-a-block with bold patterns, keep the necklace itself simple so as not to clash and turn your fashionable look into something that looks like it escaped from the circus.
2. Simplicity, Part II—Same goes for the rest of your accessories. You only need one bold piece, not four. And in this case, it’s your necklace, so keep everything else to a minimum.
3. Use it as your “pop”—The LBD never goes out of style, as we all know, and all-over black is steadfast chicness. But if you’re feeling frisky, your statement necklace can act as a pop of color (and tap into, say, the red-hot red trend for this fall) and spice up an outfit.
Make a Statement with these Necklaces Under $25
Latest posts by MollyS (see all)
- 5 Essentials to Pack in Your Carry-on - November 8, 2012
- Smelling the Roses: Finding Perfume on a Budget - October 18, 2012
- From Snobby Bitch to Sexy Babe—Style Icon: Kelly Taylor - September 25, 2012