Every season, color forecaster Pantone determines fashion’s next it-colors. For spring 2012, the palette features hues that are bright and sunny (yellow is super big for summer 2012) that mix well with neutrals. We feature the top color trends, straight from fashion week, after the jump.
Top 10 Color Trends for Spring 2012
1. Tangerine Tango (Pantone color number 17-1463)
You might already have this bright, juicy orange in your closet and it will be back for another season. This particularly vibrant shade is almost universally flattering on skin tones. Look for it to be paired with black and white.
2. Solar Power (Pantone color number 13-0759)
There are few things bright than the sun and this golden yellow channels its warmest undertones. If you don’t want to look too sunny, try a handbag or shoes in this high-wattage color.
3. Sodalite blue (Pantone color number 19-3953)
For those who love a nautical navy in the springtime, the blue tones in this color really matches the rich royal blue undertones of its mineral namesake. It probably doesn’t hurt that Kate Middleton frequently wears a similar color.
4. Cabaret (Pantone color number 18-2140)
This pink is literally hot. If you don’t want to invest in rosey-red-colored clothing, you’ll be able to try it in lipsticks and blushes.
5. Starfish (Pantone color number 16-1120)
This deep khaki radiates warmth and will be paired with Sodalite and extremely bright colors. It’s so neutral that it’s also on the top 10 list of colors for men.
6. Margarita (Pantone color number 14-0116)
This toned down version of a margarita is a subdued yellowish green with almost grayish undertones.
7. Sweet lilac (Pantone color number 14-2808)
Lilacs look and smell like spring. Richer than a typical pastel, this lavender shade will put you in the mood for warm weather.
8. Driftwood (Pantone color number 18-1210)
Though it won’t brighten a rainy day, this moody gray is can help balance out some of the bolder spring colors.
9. Bellflower (Pantone color number 18-3628)
Named after a violet blue flower, this purple will light up many skin tones and is a fresh springy take on purple.
10. Cockatoo (Pantone color number 14-5420)
This blue-green shade looks less like a bird and more like the Mediterranean Sea. It will look refreshingly like the ocean and pop beautifully with some of the more subdued neutrals such as Driftwood and Starfish.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018
- Mom Break! 5 Ways to Pamper Yourself When Kids Go Back to Class - August 23, 2018
- Beauty Supplements: Are They Worth It? - August 21, 2018