I hear it from you time and time again: why don’t you use more photos of real women? I have published fashion advice for older women, plus-size women, petite women, tall women and more. And finding images of women who are not young, thin and amazingly beautiful is tough. If only I could produce my own photo shoots, just to show the world what most women look like in a plus-size swimsuit, a pencil skirt, a pair of skinny jeans or leggings, a sundresses or a romper and more.
So when I hear of a brand actually using a plus-size model in an in-your-face kind of way, I pay attention. Meet Moxi Blu, a private designer label that specializes in affordable, plus-size swimwear priced at $30 or less. Moxi Blu recently passed the Walmart test — the brand was selected by the megaretailer to be available at Walmart.com and in Walmart stores after June 1.
When the nice people at Moxi Blu asked me if I’d share the news of their Walmart launch with you, my first question was, “do you have photos with a real, plus-size model?” The answer is yes, they do.
Moxi Blu Lookbook Featuring Barbie Ferreira
What I love about this lookbook:
- Barbie’s just hot, plain and simple.
- The suits are stylish, colorful and fun.
- A blow-up donut and ice cream cones as props? How great is that?!
How to Win a Free Plus-Size Swimsuit
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- The Iconic Label Born at the Family’s Kitchen Table - October 10, 2018
- How To Support Breast Cancer Awareness This October - October 3, 2018
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018