The secret to perfect eyebrows? The eyebrow pencil.
I’m always surprised by how many of my friends go without an eyebrow pencil in their daily makeup routine. Even if you are blessed with gorgeous, full eyebrows, an eyebrow pencil can be just the ticket to get a nice, complete makeup look. Your eyes and your eyebrows are, of course, extremely prominent and important parts of your facial structure. They are often what people notice first, so take good care of applying makeup to that area. Here are a few tips for the perfect brow pencil application.
The Secret to Perfect Eyebrows
Credit: Gareth Cattermole/People.com
- Groom your eyebrows before applying a brow pencil. This includes anything from waxing and threading to general trimming. Remember, less is more, and thicker eyebrows are in this year.
- Clean your eyebrows well before applying any brow pencil. This helps to remove old makeup and keeps your surrounding skin healthy.
- Choose an eyebrow pencil color in the exact same shade as yours. Nothing looks stranger than fake eyebrows, trust me.
- Work from the inside out, using gentle strokes at an angle.
- Apply a small amount. You can always go back over it with more color, but if you apply too much, you’ll have to start over.
- Draw on the color as if you were drawing a semi-circle in one movement. It has to be quick, angled applications or else you risk looking like a cartoon. Betty Boop is hot, but not in real life.
- Add on too much to the end of your eyebrow. Long eyebrows are gorgeous. No one can deny that. But the half-eyebrow-half-pencil look is not cute. Instead, fill in what you have. Then, spend the time to grow them out, grooming them as you go until you get the perfect look. It might take a few weeks, but it’s worth it.
- Grow or draw your eyebrow out at an angle. It should have a nice, arched look.
- Neglect your pencil. Keep it nice and sharp in between uses to get the best look.