Sometimes we tend to over think our outfits- underestimating the power of a simple outfit. New Yorker and major style icon, Sarah Jessica Parker knows how to take simple elements- like a pair of jeans- and mix it with glam elements- like a velvet blazer- to create a standout look.
A velvet blazer is a great alternative to an ordinary cotton or wool blazer. It gives your look an extra punch (cause there’s nothing ordinary about velvet) and can easily transition from day to night. If you are looking to try a new spin on the jeans and t-shirt look, try a sheer top with a colored bra or tank top under it. Years ago it was a fashion rule that your handbag had to match your shoes. Today, that rule no longer exists. Mixing and matching your shoes and handbags is a better way to express your style and it shows versatility.
Here’s how to get SJP’s chic downtown look for less:
1. Velvet Blazer, $32.80 at Forever 21
2. Sheer Top, $28 at Victoria Secret
3. Womens The Diva Jeans, $29.50 at Old Navy
4. Satchel Bag $25, at Newport News
5. Charles by Charles David – Pow Wow Ankle Boots, $82.80 at 6pm.com