Ladies, this is a sponsored post; I am a Kmart K-Club blogger. Rest assured, all opinions are my own.
When my twin daughters were born 23 years ago (today, actually, is their birthday!), they were seven weeks early. We were fortunate: the girls were remarkably healthy given the circumstances. They were skinny and pretty weak, but their hospital stay only lasted seven days.
Other families are not as fortunate. Premature births can wreak havoc on a family. The newborn struggles to survive, and the new parents suffer through days filled with uncertainty. It is for these families, and those who are planning for children in the future, that the March of Dimes organization works to support.
March of Dimes for Healthy Babies
Did you know? March of Dimes helps expecting moms deliver healthy babies, and provides a support network for the moms who don’t. The critical work being done by this organization has contributed to seven years straight of lower preterm births in the U.S. Our health care system has been spared an estimated $12 billion in health care costs as a result.
Each spring, March of Dimes organizes annual March for Babies walks in communities throughout the U.S. The walks raise funds and bring neighbors together to support the health of our newborns.
Kmart & Jillian Michaels Show Their Support
Kmart has teamed with celebrity fitness icon, mom and Kmart ambassador, Jillian Michaels to kick-off its 2015 fundraising support for the March of Dimes on Sat., April 25, 2015, in Los Angeles.
(Photos by Casey Rodgers/Invision for Kmart/AP Images)
Kmart has contributed to March of Dimes for 32 years running; the budget retailer has also been a national sponsor of the March for Babies walks for 23 years. The folks at Kmart have collectively raised $125 million dollars to research the causes of premature births and develop new treatments to give our premies a fighting chance at survival.
This year, the folks at Kmart have teamed up with fitness fashionista and celebrity mom Jillian Michaels to promote awareness for March for Babies walks. Jillian joined Team Kmart in the Los Angeles walk last week. And, she’s designed an exclusive t-shirt you can wear at your local March for Babies walk this spring! Keep reading and we’ll tell you how to get one of those Ts.
Do Your Part
Take action to join Jillian and Kmart and support this worthy cause. Here’s how you can do your part:
- Donate at any Kmart or online. 100% of your donation goes to March of Dimes.
- Pick up a collectible puppy figurine at Kmart for $5. $1 will go to March of Dimes.
- Join a local March for Babies walk. Find one here: marchforbabies.org
- Follow Kmart on Twitter for a chance to win a free T.
- Follow Budget Fashionista on Twitter for another chance to win a free T.
If you are a Shop You Way member, Kmart will thank you for donating with a coupon for 5% back in points on your next qualifying purchase. Your support helps March of Dimes:
- Educate people about healthy pregnancy
- Advocate for those who don’t have enough health care coverage
- Lobby for improvements in newborn screenings
- Help moms kick substance abuse
- Improve access to prenatal care
- Provide information about the value of vaccination
Your Chance to Win a Free T
If you missed it above, there are two ways you can enter to win an exclusive T-shirt designed by Jillian Michaels.
Are you participating in a local March for Babies walk? Leave a comment and share your story!
*Follow us on Twitter for a chance to win one of five (5) free T-shirts. Retweet us for an extra entry. Winners will be selected at random. We’ll notify you via Twitter to get your contact information.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- The Iconic Label Born at the Family’s Kitchen Table - October 10, 2018
- How To Support Breast Cancer Awareness This October - October 3, 2018
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018