1. Book: Kirsty Takes a Bow. I love to see sisters doing amazing things, especially in the technology space, so I was quite juiced to see the fab new book from the editors at Kirsty. The book, called Kirsty Takes a Bow, contains posts from some of the top women bloggers in the world (including a post from yours truly regarding the fashion tips I gave to Oprah), laid out in an awesomely designed book that is the perfect holiday gift for any budding blogger.
2. Fashion: Norma Kamali Swimsuits at Wal-Mart. I’m not a big swimsuit person, so paying anything over, well $50 for a suit gives me hives. However, I’ve always been a big fan of sportwear designer Norma Kamali, and her iconic $300+plus swimsuits, as well as a devotee of her line at Wal-Mart (seriously one of the best budget designer lines). So I almost choked on my Cheerios when I received an email from Norma that her Wal-Mart collection now has swimsuits… most for under $30. Check out the collection.
3. Fashion: Zac Posen at Target. The fashion industry was abuzz this week with the news that Zac Posen will design a collection for the Target Go International Line this spring. It is only a matter of time before we have a Marc Jacobs budget diffusion line.
4. Lifestyle: Isaac Mizrahi on QVC. Friend in my head Isaac Mizrahi is launching his lifestyle collection at QVC tonight, featuring everything from handbags to tea sets to cheesecake with plaid icing. But what makes this truly “Must See TV” is that the show will be less corny home shopping sales pitch and more lifestyle show, which IM chatting about everything from the weather to his own personal life. LOVE IT.
5. TV: The Wendy Williams Show. If you need a bit of a mental break and just want to laugh, you must set your DVR to record the Wendy Williams Show. From crazy interviews (Joan Rivers took a hair piece straight from her head and gave it to Wendy) to Hot Topics, the show is one big, fun, hot mess. If you’re into to fashion, you must watch the show to see her audience members, who serve the latest in urban style on a daily basis. I had the honor of being a guest on Wendy Williams’ radio show back in 2006, when my first book came out. I remember being scared (if you’ve ever listened to her show, you would understand why), making sure that everything from my weave to my 4 inch knee high suede boots were on point. However, I had nothing to worry about as Wendy was super nice (and she loved my boots).
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018
- Mom Break! 5 Ways to Pamper Yourself When Kids Go Back to Class - August 23, 2018
- Beauty Supplements: Are They Worth It? - August 21, 2018