Perhaps it’s America’s lack of a royal family, or maybe it’s that dreamy British accent, but we’ve been fascinated, borderline obsessed with the UK royal family since… well, forever. Sure, they make juicy tabloid fodder that keeps the Enquirer in business (Clandestine affair, crazy hats… What more could a gal ask for in her daily celeb gossip?), and plus, it doesn’t hurt that Princes Harry and William are easy on the eyes. (Remember that “friend” in middle school who had stashes of Tiger Beat Bop whatever magazine with Prince Will on the cover? “Friend,” we emphasize.)
A year ago today, on April 29, after years of dating his college honey, Prince Will married Kate Middleton, and now the powerhouse, globetrekkin’ couple is known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. We’re not sure exactly what the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge do, responsibilities wise, but the title sounds uber fancy and proper. Even before her April nuptials last year, Kate has positioned herself as a stylish, could-be-the-queen-of-English figure. Kate’s sartorial choices are meticulously followed and beloved by magazines, news outlets, blogs dedicated to her Highness, and she’s even got her own Style Deconstructed on TBF. (And you KNOW someone has “made it” when she gets her very own Style Deconstructed.)
Long story short, happy anniversary to our adopted royal couple, Will and Kate! Cheers to years of happiness, future babies who’ll finally push the Jolie-Pitt rat pack out of the spotlight, and of course, great fashion choices. Here are our 10 favorite Kate fashion moments to celebrate!
The Duchess of Cambridge and Style
- TREADDUR, WALES – FEBRUARY 24: Prince William and Kate Middleton wave to the crowds after officially launching the new RNLI’s lifeboat ‘Hereford Endeavour’ at Trearddur Bay, Anglesey on February 24, 2011 in Trearddur, Wales. The newly engaged couple named the Trearddur Bay Lifeboat Station’s new RNLI Atlantic 85 type inshore lifeboat the ‘Hereford Endeavour’. The vessel was launched during the naming ceremony and the crew demonstrated some of her rescue capabilities. The country is gearing up for the much anticipated wedding of the couple scheduled to take place on April 29, 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London. (Photo by Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)
- Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive at The Christmas Spectacular in aid of Teenager Cancer Trust at the Thursford Collection, Norfolk UK on December 18, 2010. Photo By Mark Cuthbert/Press Association Images/ABACAUSA.COM (Pictured: Prince William, Kate Middleton) 9943162
- Mandatory Credit: Photo by Nils Jorgensen/Rex / Rex USA (1036913f)
Prince William and Catherine Duchess of Cambridge
‘African Cats’ film premiere, London, Britain – 25 Apr 2012 1036913f
- St ANDREWS- SCOTLAND, February 25: Britain’s Prince William accompanied by his bride-to-be Kate Middleton visit St Andrews University in Scotland to mark the 600th anniversary of the University. It is here that the couple first met when they studied here.
Ref: SPL252287 250211
Picture by: KCSPresse / Splash News
Splash News and Pictures spl252287_018
Los Angeles: 310-821-2666
New York: 212-619-2666
- BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND – MARCH 08: Kate Middleton arrives at City Hall on March 8, 2011 in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The Royal Couple are visiting Northern Ireland as part of a tour of the country that a couple of weeks ago took them to St Andrews University in Scotland and Anglesey in North Wales to launch a lifeboat. This day-long trip to Ireland has been kept top secret due to security issues. They will marry on the 29th April at Westminster Abbey in a much anticipated ceremony. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Kate Middleton