Our content contains affiliate links, so know that we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy :) !
There’s no doubt about it: leather pants are in stores and on celebs this season, making them a must-try look. Leather pants give off that edgy vibe and when paired with the right top, can make ladies stand out.
Think leather pants aren’t for you? Think again. I know the word “leather” can send a lot of ladies running, filled with thoughts of sweaty rock stars in equally sweaty pants. Yuck. “Leather” can make us feel like we’ve got to be rail thin to sport the look. And for many animal-friendly fashionistas, leather is just a no-no. Ladies, I hear ya. But leather pants can be worn.
Here are some tips on how to wear leather pants (all faux leather, by the way) without looking like a groupie.
Style Tips on How to Wear Leather Pants in Style
1. Go faux: Real leather is well, real leather. That means it’s pricy which won’t make you happy with your bank account. Faux leather pants look like the real deal, are more affordable and are a great option for animal-lovin’ ladies. Perfect!
2. Wear Color: Leather pants need not be “I’m in a rock band” black to look cool. Ditch the dark and make your style pop with a dose of color. Black is so expected. Change it up.
3. Resist the Leather=Tight Idea: Tight leather pants may have been the thing for 80’s hair bands, but in the real world, most ladies aren’t about to step out like they’re in a Whitesnake video. (Yes, I’m well aware I’m dating myself). Too tight leather pants, or anything for that matter, is uncomfortable and looks silly. Find a pair that fits right for your body and you’ll be one stylin’ fashionista.
4. Break Things Up: Just because you found the perfect pair of leather pants doesn’t mean you have to show your excitement with matching leather tops and leather accessories. You’re heading out for a night out, not attending Bat Woman tryouts. Instead of getting into head-to-toe leather mode, temper your shiny legs with a loose cotton sweater or go for some leather ‘n lace mod/fem contrast by paring the pants with a girly blouse.
5. Ease into It: If the idea of leather pants intrigues you, but full leather from hip to ankle is too much, break into it slowly. Try wearing pants with leather on the front leg only or head out in ones with a side-stripe of leather. Baby steps, conservative fashionista!
Faux Leather Pants we Love
Ladies, what are your thoughts on leather pants?