I am always looking to JCrew for inspiration, and after seeing this picture from their lookbook I knew I had to whip up my own braided belt to cinch layered outfits this Fall.
Twine (from Home Depot or any hardware store)
Ribbon (from Micheal’s or any craft store)
How to make:
1. Measure by wrapping the twine around your waist 3 times, after the belt is made this will give you enough length to loop around your midsection twice and tie with a little extra to hang.
2. Cut three pieces of twine and one of ribbon, all the same length. Knot all four at one end and start to braid like you’re braiding your hair, adding the ribbon to one of the twine pieces with each turn of the braid.
3. When, you’re finished, Knot the braid at the other end and now your belt is ready to wrap around your waist!
Try doing this with leather, all ribbons, chain or scarves for different looks!
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- How to Find Wide Calf Boots + Top Picks - September 14, 2018
- Mom Break! 5 Ways to Pamper Yourself When Kids Go Back to Class - August 23, 2018
- Beauty Supplements: Are They Worth It? - August 21, 2018