So, about our budget fashion and style advice: We sometimes use affiliate links, so we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy :) !
The Lowdown: As if our lives weren’t already hectic enough, it’s all about to get even crazier as we add the requisite office parties, networking events, friendly get-togethers and family celebrations that come with the holidays. Because we know that most days this time of year you’ll probably be lucky to just make sure are wearing matching shoes before you leave the house, we’re going to make a suggestion — give yourself the gift of a day-to-night dress.
While you might assume that the day-to-night dress means nothing more than a simple (read: ho-hum) little black dress, we beg to differ. Depending on what you do during the day, we’d suggest there are lots of options both in terms of color, fabric, and cut. The only rule, really, is that it’s a solid color (bold patterns will drastically limit your accessory options) and that its lines are clean enough to layer for day with a jacket or cardigan. Switch up for evening with some bold, statement accessories, a dressier pair of shoes and go.
4. Casual Couture By Green Envelope Black Jersey Mockneck Statement Necklace Shift Dress, $64.59
5. Wyatt Black Lace Jersey V-Neck Dress, $67.996.
6. Wyatt Black Draped Crewneck Dress, $74.80
7. Max & Cleo Purple Jersey Pleated Sweetheart Strapless Dress, $75.65
8. Marc New York Black Woven Patent Leather Trim Dress, $80.75
9. Marc New York Granite Woven Shirred Sleeve Belted Dress $80.75