Most people equate environmentally friendly products with EXPENSIVE. Not true (well, not always, but that’s the same for any type of product, right?). The great thing about green is that oftentimes it can be equated with FREE, and how many products can claim that? Free…as in recycled, as in DIY, as in re-purposed, reused and environmentally savvy. Here are five great sites that put the “friendly” in eco-friendly.
1. Haute*Nature – The tag line of this site describes it as “ecologically based creative ideas, art and green products, for your children, home and lifestyle.” We love it for it’s great recycled crafts and DIY projects.
2. Free Green – The world’s leading provider of house plans. House plan packages come with: full construction documents or blueprints, a home energy model for the city and state combination in which their home building project will occur, and a LEED checklist. Soo they will adding a NAHB Green Building Standard Checklists, and the Energy Star Designed to Earn Credit. Each of their house plans come with a cost estimate for your local area so that our users can see how much it will cost to build. The ultimate green DIY site!
3. SwapStyle.com – If you’re looking to trade in your clothes, SwapStyle.com is the place to start. With great quality clothing and accessories, you’re sure to find something you like. You can sell as well as swap your used clothing and accessories. Finally you’ll be able to afford those Stuart Weitzman Fever Pumps. Fierce!
4. Green Guide for Everyday Living – National Geographic’s Green Guide for Everyday Living offers everything from product comparisons to ways to save energy and money in the home.
5. Freecycle – With nearly 5 thousand groups and 7 million members from all over the world, Freecycle is a grassroots and nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It’s all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills.
Latest posts by Catherine Brock (see all)
- Smart-Casual Outfit for Petites — Under $150 - March 14, 2019
- Spring Jewelry Trends: Which to Wear & Which to Ignore - March 14, 2019
- 5 Dresses for Plus-Pears — Each Under $100 - March 8, 2019