Our content contains affiliate links, so know that we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy :) !
We don’t know about you, but we’re BEYOND ready to break out the coats, jackets and scarves! Unfortunately, this fall is pretty uninspiring , continuing the “gray-the-new-neutral” trend. Here’s the lowdown on the must haves you just can’t not be seen without this fall:
Fall Fashion Trend
Neutral Nail Polish: Last season, we were bombarded by metallics and jewel toned nails, but this season understated rules supreme, with burgundies, nudes, taupes and browns coming out as winners. We’re also a fan of Fall 2010’s soft, buttery hues, which are all elegance and sophistication.
1. Zoya nail polish in Pasha, $7, available at ZOYA
2. Essie Demure Vixen, $8, available at ESSIE
Granny Booties and Booties with Chunky Heel: This fall’s boots very a much more substantial, chunkier heel. Thank Gucci, cause after seasons of crazy high heels, our feet need a serious break. One of the most popular booties this fall is the granny bootie.
1. Docile, $89.95 at Steve Madden
2. Restricted Combat , $90 at Piperlime
3. Mia Medieval, $99 at Piperlime
Statement necklaces: We’re over-the-moon about the continued dominance of statement necklaces. It ups the ante and can be worn with anything from a slouchy black tee with slouchy jeans and boots to a fitted shift in a bright jewel tone hue. For fall 2010, statement necklaces are more focused on embellishements (rhinestones, feathers, beading) to counter-balance gray, this season’s color of the moment.
1. Spectrum Necklace, $38 at UrbanOutfitters
2. Vampire Fang Statement Necklace, $12.99 at Etsy
3. Peacock Bib Necklace, $10.80 at Forever21
4. Rhinestone Swallow Necklace, $8.80 at Forever21
Jeggings: Jeggings are super hot right now and besides the trend factor, they’re also crazy comfortable!
The utilitarian bag: No matter how many python satchels we accumulate or how many suede hobos we lust after, we all need that one bag we can carry everywhere (and put with everything in it). For your classic every day bag, don’t be afraid to veer away from the typical black, pick the new “neutral”- gray.
The revamped tank: We all have the basic tank in white, grey, black, but up your style factor this season with the revamped cotton tank, constructed with lace (black lace is HOT, HOT, HOT), silks, and sequined embellishments.
1. Pins and needles overlay crinkle tank, $38 from Urban Outfitters
2. Mesh Ruffle Trimmed Top, $19.80 at Forever21
3. Embellished lace-inset tank, $39.90 at Express
The slouchy sweater: While a cashmere, cardigan and fleece-y may be a pre requisite in every self respecting fashionista’s closet, the slouchy sweater gives you an edge. Pair with this season’s other hot trends, jeggings and studded ankle boots for an on trend causal outfit.
1. Express London Sweater, $39.90 at Express
2. Boy Friend Sweater, $49 at Gap
3. Cowl Neck Roll Sweater, $54.50 at Lane Bryant