Strapless, backless, boat-neck, one-shoulder, crisscross straps and halter- all the looks that make me pause before I purchase and ask, “Do I have the right bra to wear with this?”
This summer, I decided to wonder no longer. Thanks to some internet, foot, and word-of-mouth research, I’ll never have to sacrifice look for lift, comfort, or budget, and the typical eye-sore of a brassiere ill-shaped for my top or dress of choice is gone forever.
Five Essential Bras You Need for Summer!
- Victoria’s Secret sells one for $29.50 in 6 different colors for 5 different looks. Strapless, front-halter, one-strap, back-cross, and “regular,” the extra boost from lining the cups will practically transform any look from nice to va-va-voom.
- For $27.65, Hollister sells my favorite racer-back lacy. Perfect for the tanks and tops that cross in the back but don’t quite show enough skin to warrant strapless, the racer-back provides stability and comfort without adding extra lines to your shoulders.
- You’ll love the fit and price of this one. Only $14 at Urban Outfitters, this bandeau meets lined cup-bra means you get the feel and look of an underwire but in the form of a soft-top. Say goodbye to a squished rack!
- While it will rival with the best of corsets, this backless plunge-bra is the savior to every low-cut number you may own. Thank god, the ladies will never be left hanging! Gotta love this particular plunge in black or nude from Maidenform for $30.
- For when all else fails, I’m a huge fan of having a complete stash of nipple petals just in case. Great for those days when you just can’t justify wearing the real deal, peel and press on a pair of petals and at least cut out the obvious point that you aren’t really wearing anything else ($17.99 at Target).
Banish the bra faux-pas with the only five bras you’ll need this summer (and ever).