Demi Lovato may have gotten her start singing about how much she loved a giant purple dinosaur (yes, that would be Barney), but through her fashion choices she’s proven that she’s all grown up, while still managing to maintain a youthful, eclectic style on or off the red carpet. Want to know how she does it? Then read on, my friends, read on…
Demi Lovato Style
1. Pop of Color
First and foremost, Demi keep her sense of humor by not taking her ensembles too seriously and adding pops of color here and there. Adding a bright color to any outfit with a fabulous pair of shades or killer pair of shoes is a great (and cost effective!) way to bring levity and personality to an otherwise muted (read: boring) outfit.
1. Red sunglasses $3.99 from Forever 21
2. Faux croc bag $50.32 from Asos
3. Neon yellow t-shirt $4.80 from Forever 21
4. Bright blue platform Court shoe $71.88 from Asos
2. Hot Pink Dresses
Credit: Veronica Summers/Splash News Online; Elizabeth Goodenough/Everett
Demi doesn’t forget color when she goes all out glam either, choosing the most girly color out there for her red (or sometimes green) carpet appearances. How does she pull off pink? By choosing a deep fuchsia that complements her golden skin and red lips to up the “wow” factor. Girly? Yes, but this girl knows how to work this color as only a sophisticated woman can.
1. Starpless fuchsia dress $54.90 from Mango
2. Two-tone pink dress $88.00 from J Crew Factory
3. Fuschia racer back maxi dress $23.36 from Asos
3. Boots, Boots, Boots!
Demi’s love of the boot is well-documented (see photos above) and whether she’s wearing a high-heeled or flat version, she knows that these boots are made for, you guessed it, walking. Searching for a great boot can sometimes feel like searching for the holy grail (trust us, we’ve all been there!), so let Demi set you off down the right road. Follow her lead and chances are, you’ll be the most stylish one on it!
1. Black lace-up boot by Sixty-Seven $99.95 from Solestruck
2. Eastland Overdrive Ankle boot $90.00 from Kohl’s
3. Sacred heart camper ankle booties $74.99 from Kohl’s
4. Scarlett Lips
Credit: Fox2/BJJ2/Flynet; Credit: Ringo/Pacific Coast News; Tom Pennington/Getty
We’re glad to see that Demi ascribes to one of our favorite glamour choices: the red lip. There’s nothing like a bold swirl of crimson to make a girl feel well put together, wherever she may be. In Demi’s case, that could be on the red carpet (see #2 – Hot Pink Dresses), at the airport or supporting her beloved home state of Texas. Where will your red lips take you?
1. Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Certainly Red $5.99 from Target
2. Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Red Alert 940 from drugstore.com
Ah, the sleeveless wonder that is the vest. No wardrobe is complete without one (puffy vests do not count as they fall into the “function not fashion” category). Luckily there are tons to choose from. Faux fur, knit, denim – there is a virtual plethora of options out there! Or, you could be like Demi and rock them all! Just on different days, of course.
1. Eileen Fisher alpacca vest $99.97 (down from $268.00) from Nordstrom Rack
2. Mossimo chunky sweater vest $29.99 from Target
3. Faux fur vest $88.84 Rachel Zoe for QVC
4. Sparkle denim vest $27.80 from Forever 21
After working with Disney, releasing not one but two chart-topping albums, dating Joe Jonas and calling Selena Gomez her BFF, Demi Lovato has experienced a lot for her young age of nineteen. She has stayed true to herself (and her personal style) through it all – we can’t wait to see what she does next!