Ok, so combat boots are back, and, after years of 7 inch platform heels, our feet are kinda of excited. Combat boots are extra comfortable, with heels usually under 1.5 inches, and the shoes do add a bit of tough girl vibe to any outfit. For those of you who are concerned about the emergence of this trend, fearing fellow fashionistas will abuse this trend much like they abused the UGG boot trend, take solace in the fact that they are now being worn in a much more tailored fashion.
Great Combat Boots Under $80
1. Volatile Combat Boots, $57.00 at Zappos.com
– Stylish faux leather boots with a 1 inch heel. Up to size 11.
2. Sketchers Back Beat Combat Boots, $47.60 at sketchers.com
– Leather combat boots that come in both brown and black.
3. Corley Combat Boots, $76.97 at stevemadden.com
– Brown lace ups that have a broken in look perfect for Spring 2010s tailored grunge look
4. Volatile Women Black Hole Combat Boots, $49.95 at Endless.com
– The double buckle detail at the top of this boot gives it an updated look. Note: The opening shaft of the boot is less than 12 inches so it works best for those with small calfs.
5. Two Lips Too Dawg Combat Boot, $59.23 to $79.95 at Endless.com
– The faux patent leather upper makes this version of the combat boots a bit more feminine.
6. T.U.K Rose Buckle Combat Boot, $57.95 at Endless.com
– This pair is perfect for those who want to go beyond the trend. Note: Wear these with a fitted black dress and pair of black tights for Spring’s tailored grunge look.
Combat Boots to Splurge On
Doc Martens Women’s 1460 Boot
To really “go there” with this trend, you have to buy the classic Doc Marten 1460 Boot. Back in the day, they only came in black and brown. Now they come in red, black, brown, gold, plaid, and even floral print. You can find them at Shoebuy.com on sale for as low as $63.
The Harley Boot
Harley boots are the original women’s work boots, turned fashion statement. They retail for $100 and up, but they do come in a huge range of styles, including wedge clogs with grommets (no joke!). Wear these if you are the type who nods to the trend and then takes it in your own personal style direction.