So, about our budget fashion and style advice: We sometimes use affiliate links, so we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy :) !
Since fashion has become an aspect of life important to everyone and not just rich folks, an influx of DO and DO NOT advice has steadily been dispensed. We thought we’d take a look at the history of fashion and see what stood out as the 20 best fashion tips of all time, and this is what we culled!
TBF Presents Our 20 All-Time Best Fashion Tips!
1. Of Socks and Sandals
2. Your Tailor is your BFF.
3. It’s in the Jeans, Baby!
4. Power of Multiples
5. Rule of Thumb: Comfort Before Cute (Or You’re a Fashion Meltdown Waiting to Happen)
Gilda Radner famously said she based her fashion sense on what doesn’t itch. Smart lady. If your clothing makes you feel miserably uncomfortable, no matter how stylish or cute it is, you won’t wear it.
6. Jazz It Up!
7. Kathryn Finney’s Shopping Mantra
8. What is Essential is Often Underneath
9. Practice Yin-Yang when Pairing Outfits
10. When in Doubt, Dress Up
11. Invest in Classics
12. Don’t be a Slave to Fashion Fads
13. Know your measurements!
Save money by shopping for well-fitting outfits the first time (plus you don’t have to deal with those pesky return policies that magically vary from store to store).
14. Don’t Let Your Love for Lassie Show in Your Shirt Sleeves, Please.
15. Let’s Talk About Denim on Denim
16. Organize Your Closet!
17. Show skin strategically.
18. Dress your age.
19. Buy classics with a twist.
20. Don’t listen to your mother.