So, about our budget fashion and style advice: We sometimes use affiliate links, so we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy :) !
If you’re interested in contributing content to Budget Fashionista, please review our calendar, mission and editorial guidelines carefully, and then plan your content accordingly.
2016 Editorial Calendar
We will always cover fashion and beauty trends as they come up, but we plan to cover these topics in 2016:
Date Night (hello, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!)
Autumn/Winter ’16 Preview / Wearable Looks from the Runway
Spring Fashion: What to Wear Now
Fashion & Beauty for Moms
How to Shop
Summer Fashion: What to Wear Now
Professional Looks / What to Wear to Work
Spring/Summer ’17 Preview / Wearable Looks from the Runway
Fall Fashion: What to Wear Now
Gift Buying for Fashionistas
Fitness Fashion and Beauty Trends
Budget Fashionista Mission
To provide actionable, on-trend fashion advice for women who love looking great without spending a fortune
At Budget Fashionista, we are fun, friendly, down-to-earth, and confident. When you are writing for our readers, you are talking to your friends, but you’re never judgy or snooty. You’re writing with a smile on your face and you love nothing more than stepping out feel empowered and beautiful and a tad frugal. Our readers value your opinion; be yourself!
- Posts must be 100% unique and the content must belong to you.
- In order for Budget Fashionista to publish your content, you must transfer ownership rights of the content to us. This means you cannot post the content elsewhere or use it later in any way.
- You will need to include images with your content, and you must have the right to publish the images you provide.
- Posts must be at least 375 words in length.
- Do not include affiliate links.
- Show readers fashion pieces/outfits/accessories to buy and tell readers how they can wear those pieces effectively.
- Show readers how they can translate runway looks into wearable, affordable outfits.
- Demonstrate a higher-than-average level of knowledge about fashion.
- Get creative with the calendared themes by writing for a specific age group, body type or occasion
- If you are writing about a holiday (like Valentine’s Day), send your draft at least four weeks before the holiday.
- It’s always OK to cover hot trends even if the content doesn’t fall in line with our editorial calendar.