Of course, what to pack for a honeymoon will all depend on where you’re going. But let’s assume it’s somewhere hot, sunny, and completely fabulous. Here’s a quick list:
- Swimsuit. As hard as this might be, make it one you love because you won’t want to ruin the mood by feeling less than great.
- A cover up. No explanation required.
- One dress. Something that can go day to night is ideal; bring fun accessories to change it up.
Georgette dress, LaRedoute
- A light sweater or wrap. Even on an island you might get a chill sometime.
- Flip-flops. You can bring the 99 cent rubber kind for the beach, but you might want a pair with some cute beading or embellishment for running around in, too.
Xhilaration Gemma flip flops, Target
- Shorts and tank tops. Solid and/or mix and match pieces that you can throw on and go.
- Beach towel. Sure, you could spend 50 bucks on a souvenir towel, or take a chance on whatever the hotel might provide, but do you want to?
- Sunscreen. Sunburns kill Honeymoons.
- Hat. Get a basic wide-brim straw hat that’s crushable to make packing sooo much easier.
Crushable straw hat, Roaman’s
- Hair bands/hair clips. These are so easy to forget, but save yourself the runaround of trying to track some down in an unfamiliar place.
- Sunglasses. See hair bands/hair clips for explanation.
Honeymoon couple photo courtesy of Travel Protectors